Chapter 3: James Miller

haunted 

 01:43 ━━━━●───── 03:50

I can't believe I forgot she had school today, what kind of idiot am I? After tonight's episode, I was so tired that my brain didn't link the new student and 'Marie'. I bet she's mad which would be alright because I would probably be if it happened to me. I hear Max's motorbike park in front of my house. I run outside and spot my best friend helping 'Marie' take off her helmet. When he succeeds she turns to look at me. Is she mad? No, she's not, she is upset. I walk to her and hug her. I was worried she would be angry. What am I doing? She doesn't like hugs. I take a step back but I keep my hands on her shoulders.

"I am so sorry 'Marie'," I say. "I forgot you were the new student."

She looks at me. I hate it. Ever since we met I have avoided looking at her eyes. To me, they're like lightning. The same blue without any lights. Her eyes are dead and it scares me every time our eyes meet. I feel like she could strike me down with one look.

"It's alright, James. I knew you were going to forget because you were too tired."

"Oh, alright..."

I'm not sure I know how she feels.

"Anyway, when is your training?"

"At 6 p.m, don't worry I won't forget you."

She looks to her left. Seriously, now? She looks at me again.

"I promise, 'Marie'. I can't forget to take you to the swimming pool after what you did last night."

She nods and walks inside the house. I hate marie, she's a pain. I invite Max to follow us inside. 'Marie' takes something to eat in the fridge and asks if we want something. Of course, my friend doesn't hesitate and accepts.

"What game do you want to play, Max?" I ask while he empty my kitchen.

"Mario Kart," he responds before looking at 'Marie' leaving the living room. "You don't want to play, 'Marie'?"

"No, thank you, Max. I have homework."

In those words, she disappears down the stairs. Max let himself fall on the sofa and open his drink. After choosing our character, we choose the map. The race starts and we exchange place during the first round but I assure first place during the second.

"So, why is 'Marie' coming tonight?" He asks.

And I just lost my first place to this idiot because of a banana.

"You did that on purpose, didn't you?" I ask.

"Almost, I want to know and I also want to win the race. So, are you gonna answer or not?"

"Alright, she's coming because she wants to. Yesterday I found her swimming with Silver at the pool and now she wants to go swimming more often. So I proposed that she joins the club and she accepted."

"Oh right, Silver knows her! He called her Demonia earlier."

"Yeah I know, they met yesterday I believe."

"Yesterday? Do you think..."

We cross eyes. What is he thinking about? I finish the race and think of our discussion. Oh dear-

"Max! Please, you can't be serious. Did you see 'Marie'? And did you see Silver?"

"It's a weird coincidence, don't you think?"

"Well it better be a coincidence."

He rolls his eyes and sighs.

"Your older brother's senses are showing up again. Did you act the same when your older sister started dating Jake?"