4th Memory

Why am I near the pool at midnight? Have I always done that? Someone is here. Swimming in the pool. It's a woman. She's so graceful. She's not swimming .... she's dancing with the water. As if they were one. Wow....

I look around me. It's the same pool as in all my memory but why are we here at midnight? I can see the moon by the window. I'm wearing a swimsuit, but I'm covered with a towel. I probably swam earlier. The woman bathes in the moonlight, it's beautiful.

- Ah, <@&\#, tu es là.

Oh, the coach. What is he doing here?

- Bonsoir Coach...

I sound so ... empty. What happended ? The coach sighs. He sits next to me, poses his hand on my shoulder and turns his face in my direction.

- Hey, <@&\#, C'est pas grave. Des fois on fait des mauvais chrono, ça arrive.

- Mais...Comment c'est possible? C'est ma meilleure course et j'ai était si mauvaise...J'arrive pas à y croire. C'est si frustrant...

He gives me a small punch in the arm. I look at him.

- On va travailler dessus, d'accord? Utilise ce mauvais temps pour te motiver lors de l'entrainement.

I let a silence before answering

- D'accord, merci coach...

I looked up but the woman disappeared, she's not in the pool anymore.

-Il a raison, <@&\#. Tu feras mieux la prochaine fois.

I look at my right, surprised. The woman is here... Her black hair is in a bun and she's looking at me. Wow, she's beautiful...her slanted eyes with small wrinkles at the corner of her eyes. And she has a small mole just under her mouth. Wait- did I just describe her face...

I look at her again... her face is not blurred but the coach's is. How?

- <@&\#, tout va bien? On dirait que tu as vu un fantôme.

That might be the case...