𝟎𝟔.

"𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐮𝐦"
...

𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 ethan, clutching his hand rather tightly as the group approached the building that gale had revealed to be where all the masks were hidden.

kirby had showed up to check it out as well, leading the crowd of teenagers into the place alongside gale.
cora didn't know if this was safe, because if the killer was getting the masks from here, there was a chance the fucker could be lurking around somewhere.

she shook the thought away, averting her breathing to a steady pace as they neared the entrance.

the group wasn't talking to ethan, and cora was having trouble trying to convince them he wasn't ghostface.
no one talked to him in a friendly tone, and if they did talk to him it was to tell him to stop standing on the back of their shoes.

ethan noticed cora's rough grip on his hand, afraid that if she'd let him go her whole world would come tumbling down.
she missed it when the group was just a bunch of immature kids who had nothing but missed assignments and homework to worry about.
they were drinking, laughing, messing with each other, sneaking into each other's dorms at night, all without a worry a vicious psycho was after them.

she just wanted it to end, and it was safe to say everyone felt the same way.

ethan looked behind him consciously, while cora snickered listening to the bicker from the two women at the top of the crowd.
she knew for a fact gale and kirby weren't exactly a match made in heaven.

gale approached a metal door, raising her hand to what seemed like a digital lock, and swiped a key card through the machine.
it made a click noise, cracking and lifting a little. the first door had been opened.

gale walked in through the darkened doorway, flashlight in hand and strutting confidently as if she knew the paths of this gloomy place better than anyone.

another gate stood in the way, and she repeated the same manoeuvre by swiping the key card once more.

kirby helped her push open the door, a loud creaking noise coming from the worn out hinges.

"what is this place? what's with all the security?" cora asked, making hasty steps forward as the darkness swallowed her up.

"a theater. but not just any theatre."
she paused, inhaling deeply.

"it's a shrine."

the lights suddenly flickered on, lighting up the huge room that lay in front of cora and the others.

"oh my god." cora said, a serious expression on her face as she examined the scene in front of her.

practically everything in stab movie history was displayed in glass cabinets along the long hallway, including costumes, murder weapons, evidence, and files.
except this wasn't fake.
everything was real.

cora took a second to wonder what kind of person would do this? who would dedicate years of their life to steal this evidence, collect all this stuff that defined the trauma of multiple people?

cora shivered at the thought of what kind of person made this.
what kind of maniac would display a collection of real items out in cabinets that were used by horrendous serial killers who put their victims through hell?
someone who wasn't well.