𝟏𝟖.

"𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐡"
...

THE PAST FEW DAYS had been unbelievably rough for cora.

she had either spent her time crying in her new apartment, or sitting by ethan's hospital bed awaiting his awaken.

she felt bad for caring if he was okay, after all the horrible things he did, but she couldn't help it.

if there was anyone who was mad at her for it, it was mindy. something she commonly said since finding out ethan was responsible for anika's death was that she'd slit his throat, over and over so that he'd finally get to feel the pain she felt when she heard anika's body hit that dumpster.

the remainder of the 'core four' had tried to convince mindy in his last moments conscious, he tried to help them, by attempting to catch tara before she slipped from the railings of the theatre, but was stabbed before he could go through with the act.

the group had tried to stick together, but both cora and tara seemed the worst affected.
they spent their mornings, evenings, and nights locked in their rooms doing nothing, or staring at objects in the distance, just thinking about what had happened.

cora thought mostly about ethan.
she thought of what it would be like when he finally became conscious again.
would she forgive him, would she stay his girlfriend?

she had no clue.

what scared her shitless the most was ethan's punishment for the act he committed.
the cops knew what ethan had done, and he would have to go to court to receive his sentence.

since ethan's entire bloodline was dead, there was no one that the authorities could talk to further about what would happen, except for cora.

since she was his girlfriend, she was the closest person ethan had to a person of trust or relative.

they told cora that because of ethan's age, they would have to send him to a juvenile delinquent facility where he would 'become a better person,' or 'leave his criminal acts behind,'

even though cora wanted the best for him, she still thought that he deserved to go to prison after murdering someone who was completely innocent and as pure as the sun.

he would stay there for as long as the operators thought he should, based on his first month there, although his automatic sentence would've been about fifteen years, or even longer as the cops told her, and if he did stay there for longer than three years, he would then have to be moved to a real prison where he would serve the rest of his sentence.

it was all based on how he behaved, and knowing ethan, he wasn't one to get into trouble with other people in college, and at parties as well, but it was a completely different situation and she didn't know if putting her trust in him was the right thing to do.

he was supposed to be transported there once he was fit and ready, as he couldn't really be sent to serve his years while being unconscious and struggling to breath.

what cora feared the most, was having to tell him.

she still viewed him as the kindest soul on earth, even though he absolutely was not.
she winced as she though of the breaking in his expression as she explained where he would be spending the next couple of years, if he kept a clean behavioural chart.