𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

"𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝"
...

CORA BIT HER bottom lip, trying her best to maintain the need to breakdown and start crying again.

she couldn't get over the fact that, that would be her last interaction with her friends, and she would never see them again, all for the sake of she and ethan's relationship.

she loved him, more than she could comprehend, and wanted to go with him, but she would still always be torn up about the fact she said goodbye to their friends without them knowing it would be the last time she ever did.

the girl was trying to take her mind of her friends by packing some of her clothes into a small bag, preparing for the moment when ethan would come to her apartment and take her with him to wherever he had in mind.

part of her wished that she could tell her friends that she was running away with him, and she'd try her best to anonymously visit them whenever she could.

but if ethan managed to get out, he was a wanted criminal. a wanted criminal for murdering someone, who had also been sent to a psychiatric ward in a facility for troubled people.

if ethan managed to escape successfully, people would definitely be concerned and on the look out even though they had no idea ethan was nothing like what they had interpreted him as.

it didn't matter what his friends saw him as, because he murdered someone, and that's what the public saw him as.
a pathetic psychotic killer with daddy issues.

cora heaved as she shoved more stuff into the small bag she had picked up, throwing various objects that were significant to her in the bag as well, like the necklace ethan gave her, and the birthday card all of them had signed when she turned nineteen, five or six months before.
how she wished she could go back.

she was about to zip up the bag, when suddenly her eyes drifted across the room to her bedside table.

there lay a photo of all of them together, tara and mindy linking arms cheerfully and anika in between them, using her palms as a rest for her face as she pouted her lips.
chad was sticking up bunny ears behind ethan's head, unbeknownst to him, and quinn and cora both winking at each other, while sam stood alone simply looking on with a fond smile at her friends.

but it was what cora saw in the corner of the photo that caught her eye.

ethan's hand was clutched around hers, both of them almost trying to hide that they were very much in love.

she smiled, getting up and walking over to the photo, picking it up from the table in front of her and gliding her thumb over the image of she and ethan, in that early stage of the year when they didn't have anything to worry about.

cora thought the photo was adorable, but then it suddenly hit her that she'd never be able to experience the feeling of being around them all ever again.

it was a straight smack in her stomach like a brick, and she knew if she thought about it any longer she'd break.

with one last look of the photo, she brought it over to the bag with her and stuffed it in with the rest of the stuff, zipping it up quickly and making her way out of the room.