𝟏𝟗.

"𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧"
...

CORA CLUTCHED HER bag to her side as she quietly wandered the streets of new york to the carpenter sisters new apartment.

she had spent a long time contemplating whether to go to the place or not that night, because she wanted to be in the hospital with ethan.

she felt bad for leaving him alone, but she knew she needed to clear her head, and things would be better for her.

—part of her felt as if she was drowning, and sinking into a deep depression.
she didn't want to admit it, but she truly felt as if her mind was constantly empty or either overcrowded with worries and negative thoughts.

most of that depression came from ethan.
not him, but where he would be for the next few years.

away, away from her.

she didn't know what she was going to do without him. he was always there at her side when she needed him, always there to comfort her when things didn't go her way, and now there was a chance she wouldn't be able to touch him for the next fifteen years.

she shivered, feeling colder at the thought.

...

cora approached the apartment block she had been told to go to by sam, now feeling her nerves take restrain on her body.

what was she going to say?
even though she had been through it all with these people, she felt as if it would be like being at a family gathering and not knowing what to say to all these people who wanted to know what you were doing with your life.

she entered the building awkwardly, her stomach churning as she approached the floor of the room.

she wandered toward the door, before suddenly stopping. she stood frozen in place, just staring ahead of her.

she didn't know what to do, go toward it and knock, or run away and don't look back for one damn second.

after a minute of silence, she overcame her fear. she couldn't just cut everyone off because of what happened. she couldn't let her thoughts win. these people were there to help her, to make her feel safe, yet she always felt since that night in the theatre that they viewed her as an enemy.

who was she kidding, she would always be the girl who was in love with ghostface.

cora shook her head softly, stepping closer to the door and balling her fist.
she raised her hand, and knocked quietly, silently hoping that no one would answer the door and she wouldn't have to do this.

the door suddenly creaked open, tara's small frame standing in the doorway.
she stared at cora, her eyes watering as the girl stared back.

suddenly, the two teens grabbed a hold of each other and engulfed one another into a hug.
she had to admit, she had missed tara more than anyone. she missed being able to joke with her and laugh without worrying about any psychopaths who were out to get them, or any other threats that came their way.

in that moment, it was just cora and tara, two young girls who were bonded by trauma.

when they finally pulled apart, tara smiled softly.