21.

•Chapter Twenty-One•

•Lane•

"Do I really have to go?" I asked my mother who was finishing up my hair. We were going to a charity event that was going to be full of rich people. And the worse part was, the Cameron's weren't going to be there so I wouldn't have anybody to talk to. I asked Topper if he could go but he apologized and said he had to do something with his parents tonight.

It had been three-almost four weeks since me and Rafe admitted our feelings and we were still taking it slow, both of us liking how things were right now. We had gone on another date the week after our first date and enjoyed the time we had.

I hadn't seen him, Sarah or Topper since the yacht trip we took and that was almost 4 weeks ago. Almost a whole month since my parents basically told me that I needed to stay at home since I was never there. They weren't mean about it, they just missed me and wanted to spend time with me.

I've talked over text and call but haven't seen them, which hurt. I miss hanging out with my best friend, I miss hanging out with sister-like figure, and I miss hanging out with the person I've grown strong feelings for.

I hadn't talked to Kie or any of the Pouges since they've been doing some crazy shit and haven't had much time to hang out with me. I kinda miss them too but I knew they were all doing their own things.

"Yes, you do. Me and your father just miss seeing you here and that's why we've asked you to stay here instead of seeing your friends. And plus, me and your father are going on a trip next week so you can go back to staying at the Cameron's all you want starting next week" She smiled brightly, finishing up straightening my hair.

I hummed in response and strapped on my black heels. I was wearing an emerald, ankle length dress that had spaghetti straps to hold up the low neckline that showed off my boobs.

I didn't even want to be wearing this, I didn't even want to go much less. I wanted to either be cuddled up next to Rafe or hanging out with him and my other two best friends.

"You coming?" My mother asked, knocking me out of my thoughts as I nodded and walked after her.

——

"We'll only be here for about 2 hours, just be patient and stay beside us since I know how you are around people you don't know" My dad smiled at me and placed a kiss to my temple before walking towards a couple of men dressed in fine suits like the one he was wearing.

I grabbed a cocktail off of a waiters tray and looked around, there wasn't much to see so I went and sat down on one of the many velvet couches there were in a corner.

2 long, excruciating and painful hours later, I followed my parents out of the doors and walked to their car to finally go home. I spent the whole time either sitting around, following one or both of my parents, or drinking another cocktail.

It was around nine at night and my feet were killing me with the heels I was wearing. I slid them off my feet and resisted the urge to whimper as I lightly massaged them to get the feeling of them back. Once I felt like they were good enough, I adjusted myself so my back was rested against the door and my legs were propped up on the seats in front of me.

I laid my head back against the window and wished I could be in Rafe's embrace right now.

I missed him so much, I could cry.