D10. An Unexpected Guest

Derek showed up at Cobi's house close to 9:30 pm.

"Griffin out on his date already?" Cobi asked when he opened the door to greet him.

"Think so," replied Derek with a shrug.

"What about Tony?"

"Still grounded."

"Bummer," Cobi said, shaking his head. Then he turned and called up the stairs to his sister. "Sarah! I'm going out!"

But before Cobi could even take a step out the door Sarah appeared at the top of the stairs. Derek stared, captivated by her perfect complexion and dark lips, which he always found more stimulating as a double cappuccino. She was only a sophomore, but her hourglass figure made time seem meaningless. "Where you going?" she asked sweetly.

Cobi groaned inwardly. "To a party," he reluctantly admitted.

"Parties," Derek corrected. "Plural."

"How do you know where the parties are?" Sarah asked, her face a mask of innocence.

"We're juniors, of course we know," Cobi claimed.

But Sarah called out his lie. "C'mon, everyone knows you didn't get invited. Stop pretending to be cool."

"I'm really good at eaves dropping," Derek admitted.

"Can I come?" Sarah asked.

"Absolutely not," Cobi insisted.

"Why not?"

"You're too young."

"Not until October!" Cobi corrected.

Sarah bit her lip in frustration. Then her eyes lit up with inspiration. "They won't let you in unless you have a cute girl with you."

"She's got a point," Derek advised.

Cobi nodded. "You're right, she does have a point. We need a cute girl." He looked right at his younger sister. "Know where we could find one?"

"C'mon, man," Derek defended, "you don't gotta be like that. She's cute."

Sarah blushed, but she also smiled. "Does that mean I can come?"

"Fine," growled Cobi.

Sarah ran off to her room with a shriek of joy.

"My sister grows some tits and now suddenly everyone thinks she's attractive," Cobi complained directly to Derek.

"C'mon man, you know I've liked her since we were in junior high."

"No I did not!" exclaimed a surprised Cobi.

"Tony knew," Derek assured him. "Griffin knew. They both used to rag me for it."

"So how come you never asked her out?" Cobi wondered.

"Why do you think?" Derek said, stating the obvious. "She always talks about how much she hates Dungeons & Dragons."

"Okay I'm ready!" Sarah announced, skipping down the stairs. She wore a cashmere sweater over a cotton sundress, the sweater carefully buttoned around her ample bust in such a way to show off her cleavage. Her pink Ked sneakers matched her hair scrunchy and the bangles clinking on her wrists.

"Awesome, let's go," replied a nonchalant Derek, and he led them out the door.