G3. Home Free

When Cobi and Derek got back from Malcolm's and Tito's row house in Pullman they were surprised to find Tony still at the Pizza Hut. "What's going on? Weren't you supposed to go home by now?"

"I'm kind of worried about what's gonna be waiting there for me," Tony admitted.

"Hey, don't worry. If they're still mental walk out just like you said you were gonna do," Hope advised. "You can stay here as long as you want."

"Come on I'll drive you home," Cobi offered.

It was well past dark when the Dragon Wagon pulled up in front of Tony's house. The home looked quiet. The lights were on and they could see shadows moving behind the curtains. "Looks okay," Tony admitted.

"We'll stay here just in case," Derek assured him.

Tony stepped out of the car and climbed up to his front stoop. He put his key in the door and twisted. Then he pushed it open.

A man and a woman were sitting in the living room chairs, just like before. Only this time it was his mother and his father. Dr. Buford was nowhere to be seen.

"Tony," Dr. Kim exclaimed with happy surprise as he put down his paper and stood up. He strode over to his son and gave him a hug. "Oh, thank goodness, welcome home."

Tony was amazed. He returned the embrace, only to have his mother join a moment later. "I owe you an apology," she said.

They stepped back and Tony stared at them, too stunned to speak. He shouldn't be so surprised, he thought to himself, these were his parents, they weren't complete psychos. Of course they'd come around sooner or later. "It's okay, guys. What do you say we just start over?"

"We'd like that," said Dr. Kim, heartfelt.

"Would you like some dinner?" offered his mother. "I saved some for you in the fridge."

"No, thanks, I already had some pizza. Actually I'm just really tired mind if I go to bed?"

"Of course, get some rest."

Tony smiled and looked at his loving parents. "Thanks. It's great to be home. Love you guys." He headed up the stairs.

"Love you too!" called his parents after him.