Chapter 1 Seduction Techniques

"Gem, leave me alone! I don't feel like it!", Fourth rolls his eyes.

What does this guy want anyway?

It's bad enough Fourth feels responsible for the household.

He never thought he'd have to take care of everything when they shared an apartment.

He didn't notice it in Thailand.

He also might have guessed that spoiled Gem wouldn't lift a finger in his apartment.

His mom seemed to keep everything tidy.

Here he is, already living alone, and still doesn't know how to put away the dishes.

Fourth quickly realized what task he has to take over in New Zealand.

So he is supposed to play mommy to the Bad Boy.

Why can't he refuse him anything either?

Fourth looks grim as he prepares breakfast for them.

"Fourthy Fourth, come on!", Gem inserts his pouty lips, "That girl is so cute and a bit coy. Alone, she doesn't want to meet with me. You'll have to come with me! Dinner's on me too! And I'll take out the trash. For a whole week!" his eyes gleam.

Guess he thinks that's special.

Fourth just shakes his head as he puts the scrambled eggs on the plates.

"You can always take out the trash! After all, I do everything else around here!" he grumbles, not even giving Gem a glance, "I don't want to go out tonight. We have that exchange meeting in the morning. Why don't you let us arrive properly before you go hunting again right away!", Fourth is startled by the hand that comes down on his shoulder.

He just barely manages to set the plates down on the table before Gem swings him around and grabs him by the shoulders.

"Fourth, Lena is enchantingly beautiful. I've never had a German before. Please, do me this favor. I'm sure you'll like her friend. We won't stay long!" his eyes roll.

How can such a playboy suddenly seem so childlike?

His words testify to adult urges, but his face is still kissed with pure innocence.

Fourth's heart softens at the sight.

Gem's gentle features.

His googly eyes and those lovely pouty lips.

The kid wants his ice cream so badly, and Fourth just can't resist.

He never can.

Those seduction techniques.

Their friendship is drenched in moments when Fourth regrets, in retrospect, getting involved with Gem's ideas.

And yet, he always wants to make his best friend happy.

"Gem!" he sighs, exhausted, "We've only been in New Zealand for a week. I want to get used to this new situation first. Settling in. I'm not familiar with the guidelines at the university yet. Why don't you let me go to sleep quietly at night? I need my rest so that I'll be fit tomorrow," he tries again.

And he has to smile at his best friend's cheeky grin.

"I'll get you home in time. Promise!", he pinches his cheek, "Going out with two beautiful women is also recreation, my friend. Don't be such a prude!" he pats Fourth's hair.

A gesture he doesn't like at all.

Fourth shakes himself free.

"I'm not a prude!" he replies sullenly, turning back to the dining table.