Chapter 9 Change of Perspective

"Your hair looks all tousled!", Mark smooths Fourth's sticking out hair, "But that helmet still looked great on you!", he smiles and points to the passenger helmet resting on his bike.

That beautiful face could wear any hairstyle.

Fourth's smiling face can't fool Mark, though.

After all, with each passing minute, he saw the young man's eyes change.

When he picked him up, Fourth still seemed restless and upset.

He jumped on his bike and was ready for anything.

Mark understood that he just wanted to move quickly.

And during the ride, he wondered if he should ask Fourth what was making him so upset.

Why he came running out of the house and most wanted to escape.

So Mark should rescue him from an unpleasant situation.

Of course, Poseidon would save him from any difficult situation.

But he is also willing to listen to him and lay his life's wisdom at his feet.

Fourth is six years younger.

Six years of life that bring new experiences and insights.

Six years that can bring a change in perspective.

Mark himself knows the sudden change that even one day of life can mean.

When from one moment to the next everything is different.

When everything is suddenly seen with a completely different view and felt with a completely new heart.

Poseidon knows the wild, dangerous and the gentle, life-giving currents of all oceans.

And Poseidon has met a young companion whom he wants to stand by in all the whirlpools and waves of life.

He feels so clearly that Fourth is worth it.

Every effort, every strength.

He felt the subtle touch behind him as he helped Fourth escape on his motorcycle.

He held onto Mark's jacket tentatively with both hands.

In doing so, he would have had to reach around him to sit safely in the back.

"Hold on real tight! I don't want you to get hurt!" said Mark, moving Fourth's hands into position.

Fourth grinned sheepishly as he was pressed against Mark's back, feeling the scent of another man on his face for the first time.

The breeze from the ride did more than cool his flushed cheeks.

With each receding meter, Fourth could feel thoughts of Gem fading.

He had been so distraught when he left their shared apartment.

Gem's expression had been burned into his memory and Fourth felt terrible leaving him like that.

But it's time for a change of perspective.

Time to look at his own life.

His perspective was always on Gem.

Like a man possessed, he held on to an imagination.

He was so convinced that his deep love had justification.

That one day it would be seen and reciprocated by Gem.

And now, in the farthest place in the world, he had to realize that there had to be a change.