Chapter 34 Certainty (18+)

"I guess you don't understand why I broke up with Louis," Neo whispers in Mark's ear, kissing his way from his neck down to his shoulder.

"Neo, stop touching me while you're talking about Louis!" hisses Poseidon's imperious tone.

And Neo's hand on his bare torso is captured.

"You're so cute when you're jealous!", Neo snuggles up to him even more intimately and kisses his neck.

"I'm not jealous!", Mark growls, "It has something to do with respect!", his imperious voice rings out, "Now let me sleep. You've ruined my mood," Neo melts at the dramatic sound.

"Mark!" he effortlessly frees himself from the hands holding him, "Now you listen to me!" he demands, turning his love towards him.

And how cute Mark just closes his eyes.

But Neo is not deterred.

He pulls him tightly into his arms and presses his forehead against his stubborn head.

"So you don't want to face me with a decision because you're afraid of losing me," he sums up why Mark is being so vehement.

"I'm not afraid of anything. I'm just smart enough to make the right decisions!" chimes Poseidon's response in their intimate embrace.

"So you want to move to the South Island so you don't lose me," Neo remains steadfast in the sweet realization.

"I'm moving to the South Island because I think it's the right thing to do!", Mark just can't articulate his fears.

"So you're not sure of my love and you think you have to be bossy and fearless," Neo now sounds so sad that Mark opens his eyes.

And he desperately wants to get out of that closeness.

"What are you talking about?" he tries to free himself from the muscular arms of his little giant.

"You stay nicely where you belong!", now Neo shows himself imperiously, "I won't let you cover yourself from me!", he presses the struggling body all the more firmly against him, "You're as stubborn as a donkey!", he grumbles and seeks Mark's gaze.

But Poseidon is not willing to show himself weak.

Neo has always looked up to him.

He just can't allow these weak feelings.

This insecurity.

This uncertainty.

After all, it's his job to protect Neo.

To show him their path.

To stabilize their love and let it flourish freely.

How can he show himself so weak?

Why is he so afraid of falling apart again?

Neo is finally back in his life.

And Free Love has chosen them for each other.

Never in Mark's life has he felt so scared.

And the more he suppresses this fear of loss, the more imperiously he wants to single-handedly make everything solid.

But now he is only firmly caught in the strong arms of his Neo.

And Mark's entire stature tenses up, as his soul commands.

And Neo feels the controlling tremors of his love and releases him.

And two lovers let go of each other to get close again.

"I would move anywhere with you. Not just to another continent. To another planet, too," Neo begins, "Louis wasn't right for me because I only ever loved you!" his soft voice explains, "It wouldn't have been fair for me to keep the relationship going. Even though I never hoped to actually have my love returned at some point. He didn't deserve that. My love wasn't certain for him!", Mark finally looks into his eyes again.