Chapter 36 The Temple of Reflection and Love

Glowing in golden pigment, a stupa is an addition to a large, colorful house on the vacant building lot of Auckland University of Technology.

A dome that makes the viewer linger.

In the color of divine imperishability, the curves shimmer down to the structure, which measures only 12 square meters and is supported by several pillars.

White, tall pillars support the Stuba of Mindfulness and ornate walls are lined with small arched windows.

Two doors allow the contemplative to enter the temple.

From inside the house.

From the outside via three shallow staircases.

White wears gold from the outside.

And inside, the colors of life shall guide the seeking truth.

The brown natural stone floor supports only a white marble bench in the middle of the temple.

Niches at the windows protrude from the white walls with blue ornaments.

Flowers.

Fruits.

Candles.

Incense sticks.

A small singing bowl.

Each of the arched windows bears its own niche.

With the offerings of mankind to the spheres of the gods.

And the view upward suggests eternal life.

The golden arch shines like the sun itself.

A warm glow that trickles down forever.

Gem feels his heart beating faster and faster.

Outside the temple, he insisted on building a small water fountain.

A small, white column supporting a basin of purity.

The bubbling water should allow every visitor to enter pure.

And his glowing face longs again for the cool water in front of the temple.

In no time, he unpacked his bag.

All the photos of Fourth.

A picture gallery of Fourth's face when he returns to him.

Whipped by the possible loss, Gem took so many photos of Fourth this year.

And all of them are to be displayed today in the Temple of Reflection and Love.

Just for the two of them.

Just for Fourth.

Gem wants him to feel his truth intimately.

Fourth is to see what Gem wants to see for the rest of his life.

And the tranquil atmosphere in the temple bears the images of his love on all the walls.

Gem's body tingles and his heart flutters.

It is only when his second half enters this temple that he can feel the gentle calm of eternity wafting within him.

And when Fourth's voice suddenly sounds outside the door, Gem's knees soften as he presses his hands against his racing chest.

"Gem, can I come in?" stands Fourth at the door.

"Did you clean yourself at the well?" asks Gem, his eyes rushing once around his own axis.

The candles glow warmly.

Waves of light received and reflected from the golden eternity of the dome.

White, blue, brown and gold elevate the candlelit atmosphere to the spheres of divinity.