Chapter 16 Crossing

"Oh, wait!", Fourth grabs Gem's arm in the elevator, "You can't show your face like that!", he pulls his Zeus closer.

And he looks at his tense face.

Fourth is excited, too, after all.

When his cell phone rang, Gem handed him the evidence of his betrayal with the angry look of the supreme god.

Poseidon stood tall on his display, trying to reach him.

Fourth wished he had changed the saved name earlier.

So he's downstairs waiting for him.

And Gem's anger he could not well suppress.

They were going to be together for a very long time on the crossing now.

And Fourth's heart still didn't know how it was going to survive the three of them spending time together.

Until, in the elevator, he decided to appease his Zeus for the time being.

"What have you got there?" asks Fourth irritated and starts rubbing Gem's cheek with his finger, "Crap, it won't go away like that!" his hand withdraws.

Instead, Gem gets to see the beautiful face approaching.

And two soft, warm lips form a sweet kiss on his cheek.

Gem's grimly excited heart skips several beats, while the sweet pressure of Fourth's tender lips on his cheek never lets up.

And his ears receive the lovely message of those lips.

"Gem, please trust me! I know it's not easy for you to meet Mark now. We will spend a lot of time together. But always remember that you can trust me! I just want my Zeus!", Gem's cheek is kissed again.

And Gem reaches for Fourth's face and looks into his eyes.

And Fourth shall see those eyes move further down to his lips.

He wants to finally kiss him.

Gem wants to finally let their lips make that eternal vow to each other.

But Fourth's wry smirk is accompanied by a shake of his head.

"This isn't the time!" the elevator door opens now, "Just promise you'll trust me!" he searches his soulmate's love-struck eyes.

And Gem's lips at least take the liberty of pressing their response as a kiss to that sweet beauty mark on Fourth's face.

Done deal, then!

Fourth gives him another warm smile before pulling him out of the elevator by the arm.

Now quickly to the man he admires and appreciates.

With whom he has already traveled to so many places on the North Island of New Zealand and listened to his explanations.

Mark is not just his tutor.

He is the man who reached out to him in his time of deepest pain.

Poseidon showed him that sometimes you have to submerge yourself in order to resurface.

A great, handsome, intelligent man.

To whom Fourth must show today that he only wants to be a friend to him.

He will show him that it is time for him to resurface.

With Gem by his side, Fourth is willing to travel the real world.