7. Maybe it's JJ

I made my way out of the house and towards my parent's car after waking up and putting on a floral bikini as well as a t-shirt to cover up.

(Bikini for reference)

I got into the front seat but before I left, my phone chimes.

"Get us some beer on your way?" JJ texts.

I smile at the message before quickly replying with a "maybe" and throwing my phone onto the passenger seat.

I take a detour to the only store in Outerbanks that I can buy alcohol from without getting checked. I lock the car and walk into the small liquor store, noticing a distracted employee on their phone as I walk past the counter and towards the cheap beer section.

Picking up a pack, I carry it towards the register and hand over $20. "Keep the change" I hint, making the the boy raise his head and nod before resuming his focus on the phone. I roll my eyes, picking the pack of alcohol off the counter and heading back to the car. 

Since I had to go to the cut to get the alcohol, it took a bit longer to get back to figure eight. The beach that the pogues wanted to go to was the one infront of the country club. Although it is a private beach, Kie managed to get the boys in since her family are members.

After parking the car in a shaded spot, I get out and make my way to the beach with my surfboard and the beer. I take off my shirt as soon as the hot sand touches my feet. I haven't been surfing in so long and I couldn't wait.

I start pacing faster as I see the group of pogues talking close to the water. They notice me as well and wave to me.

"Finallyyy. What took you so long?" Kiara whined.

I chuckle. "JJ wanted beer so I had to go to the cut".

Kie rolls her eyes at JJ who immediately snatches the pack out of my hands and hands each person a can.

Now that I think about it.

"Where's Pope and John B?" I ask.

"Pope is studying. Merit scholarship interviews are coming up soon" Kiara replies.

I nodded at the statement. 

Pope always has been the smartest one out of the group. 

"And John B has business to deal with" JJ says with a serious tone.

"Business? How so?". I question

The two look at each other before turning to me. 

Weird.

"He's getting bait. We're going fishing this afternoon" JJ tells me.

I laugh. "Yes. Very serious serious business. Anyways, I've been dying to get into that water and catch the waves. Can we go yet?".

Everyone agrees and we all place our drinks down, running into the water with our surfboards.

An hour went by and John B finally arrived. When I turn to look at him, my brows furrow in concern.

"Oh my god what happened to your eye?!" I gasp, walking towards the pogue who has just placed down his surfboard.

The skin around his eye was a deep purple, as if he was punch in the face. 

I gently caress the bruise with my thumb, causing John B to flinch in pain.

"It's nothing. Topper and I had a little fight at the kegger that's all" He dismisses.

"Little?" Kiara questions. "He was trying to drown you John B".

"What?!" I shout.

John B ignores me. "Lets not talk about it okay?" 

He then picks up his board and runs towards the waves.

We spent hours upon hours in the water until our hands pruned. We giggled, argued over the stupidest things, and It felt like I've known them for so long.

I sat beside John B along the shore as we watched JJ and Kie surf the waves.

"Where'd you go last night?" John B questions. "JJ said he couldn't find you after you guys" talked

I laugh. "JJ was looking for me?".

"Yeah, he wanted to make sure you were okay".

I look at John B in disbelief. "What? Well I heard gunshots so I went home".

"Yeah...that was JJ" John B admits casually.

"WHAT?!" I scream in shock. 

I swear more and more things come out about this kegger as time goes by.

"Who the hell thought it was a good idea to give JJ a gun?".

John B gave no comment but instead, sipped on his beer.

"Please just keep JJ out of trouble for once" I plead.

"Keep who out of trouble?" I hear a voice shout infront of me. 

I move my gaze from John B to the silhouette blocking the sun out of my eyes.

JJ stood infront of me with his board in his hand, and his soaking wet body making him look effortlessly attractive. His chest rises rapidly as he tries to catch his breath. 

Damn.

"Nothing..." I dismiss, closing my eyes and laying down on the sand. The corners of my lips curl and my thoughts run wild.

Maybe I should move on...

Maybe it's JJ.