36. Bonfire

After the explosion, the police swarmed the entire resident. They kicked the pogues off the premises while Sarah and her family were grouped in the living room so that they could watch Ward's suicide video. She asked me to stay back so that i could take her somewhere after and i agree. I sat in my car which was parked infront of the fence.

Rose, Wheezie, and Sarah waited for Rafe to come. Ward admitted to killing Peterkin which wasn't true but got Rafe out of trouble. My feelings were mixed about the news.

Once he came, they watched the video and it wasn't long before i see Sarah walk out of the house. I notice Rafe following behind her trying to talk but she kept walking.

"Look Sarah please don't leave okay!" Rafe pleads.

Sarah stops in her tracks, waiting for the boy to catch up. They talk for a while before Sarah got into my car and Rafe walked back into the house.

"You okay?" I asked concerned.

Sarah gives me a fake smile. "Y-yeah".

I frown, leaning over to give her a hug and she does the same. I rub her back as she sheds a few tears. "C-can you take me to the chateau?".

"Ofcourse" i say, breaking the hug.

I drive silently out of figure eight. Sarah stared outside the window, fidgeting with the piece of John b's bandana that he gave her. My brows furrow and i knew that she was thinking about their realtionship.

I sigh, knowing i shouldn't interfere and that if she thought it was best if they broke up, then it was her choice. Once i get to the chateau, i watch as Sarah smiles to me and goes inside the house.

I pick up my phone, noticing the messages from my parents. They were asking me to come home and i text them back.

"On my way".

I leave the chateau and head back home. When i walk inside, my parents stand up from the couch.

"Were you there? At the Cameron's?" My mum asks worried.

I nod my head, walking over to them and giving them a hug.

"Oh honey... i'm sorry you had to see that" My mum says, patting my back.

"It's okay. I was there for Sarah...".

"I hope she's okay. What happened was terrible" my dad says and i agree.

"I'm going to go take a shower and go to bed early. Goodnight" i say.

"Honey if you don't want to go to school tomorrow, you don't have to" my mum offers and i shake my head.

"That's okay. I'll go". They nod their head.

I walk upstairs and take a shower before falling asleep, feeling exhausted.

The next morning, i woke up by my alarm and get dressed for school. Pope texts me about the geometry test and i groan, realizing that i haven't even studied for it since we've been so busy with clearing John b's name.

I meet up with the pogues before class, noticing that Kiara wasn't there.

"Where's Kie?" I question.

"She was at the chateau but she told us that she would meet with us later" JJ replies and i nod my head.

Before class, i pulled John b aside. "Did Sarah um..."

"Dump me? Yeah" John b chuckles lowly.

"I'm sorry..." I say, patting his back. I really thought they were endgame