11. Moving on

Sarah and I were getting ready in Topper's bedroom since it was only 6pm. 

I adjusted the dress on me, looking at myself in the bathroom mirror for the hundredth time.

Dresses like this make me feel self-conscious.

"You look hot y/n. Stop." Sarah sighs. 

I look over to her, applying lip gloss beside me.

"Okay okay" I say, walking away from the mirror. But my hands immediately cross around my waist to cover my body.

"Lets go?" I suggest.

Sarah follows behind me as we make our way outside. We watch as Topper and Kelce carry boxes of alcohol to a table near the pool. Once Topper puts the box down, his attention was on Sarah who ran over and kissed the boy.

Gross.

I stood silently, not noticing a figure stand beside me with his arms crossed.

"Sometimes they make me sick". 

Startled, I look to my side and meet a pair of dark brown eyes.

Kelce.

I chuckle nervously. "Yeah...".

"You look good y/n" Kelce admits. His eyes travelling all over my body.

"Thanks...".

I can't tell if Kelce has always been flirty like this or it was only happening recently. 

Nevertheless, I wasn't interested. He was a total fuckboy. Sure he was a good friend, but nothing more. 

Kelce walks away to where I assume was the truck to get more boxes of alcohol.

A few hours go by and Topper's house was filled with a crowd of people. So much for a 'gathering'. 

It was almost every kook in town.

I sat at the foot of the stairs for most of the time, feeling bored and regretting my decision to come. 

I should really stand my ground more.

I didn't want to drink because I feared that I would do something stupid. But after a while of sitting alone and bored out of my mind, I was craving the burning sensation. 

I want to feel alive.

I take long strides towards the alcohol outside. In a plastic cup, I pour in a generous amount of any leftover liquor I could get. I take a sip of my drink, feeling my body relax almost immediately.

But, my peace was quickly interrupted by a light tap on the shoulder.

Turning around, my eyes met a familiar blonde. 

"Y/n! Where have you been all night". Her words were slurred and her movements messy. 

She was definitely drunk. 

"Geez, how much did you have to drink?" I question. 

Sarah laughs loudly.

"Topper will take care of me..." she grins. 

I look around, but her boyfriend was nowhere to be seen. 

"He's in the bathroom" Sarah states. 

I nod, taking a big sip of my drink as I stare at the blonde who was holding onto the liquor table for support.

"Ooo can I have some?" Sarah asks, reaching for my cup. 

I move the cup away from her as she pouts and whines. 

"You're not having anymore" I tell her.

"You're no fun y/n". 

Sarah began walking away in search of Topper and I roll my eyes. 

My attention was back onto the cup.

But It was empty. 

All of it had spilled on the floor. 

I groan, turning back to the table of alcohol and making the same drink. As I poured the last of the bottle into my cup, another tap on the shoulder caused me to groan. 

I turn around, expecting Sarah to be there.

"No Sarah I'm not givi-".

My sentence was cut short. 

My eyes widened when I am met with a boy I've never seen before. 

"You're not Sarah...".

He chuckles, dimples forming on his cheeks. "Definitely not". 

The brunette towered over me and to say that the alcohol was kicking in was an understatement.

He is hot.

"Sorry, I must be in your way..." I shyly say, assuming he wanted a drink.

Instead, the boy grins at me. "I actually thought you were beautiful and was wondering if you wanted to play beer pong with me".

Wait...

What?

"Really?" I questioned.

The boy nods his head and I think about his offer.

I mean.

I had nothing better to do...

I nod my head in agreement and follow him over to where people were playing beer pong.

It's just a harmless game.

...Right?

"My name's Ben" the brunette says, finally introducing himself.

"Y/n" I reply with a smile on my face.

I look at the table infront of me and my eyes widened at the sight.

I watched as Rafe was playing beer pong against Kelce while a crowd of people cheered them on. 

Well... 

It was mostly thirsty girls who were basically throwing themselves at the pair.

Kelce lands a ping pong into a cup and Rafe drinks the beer effortlessly. 

But under the cup was a piece of paper.

Rafe picks up the paper and without saying a word, lifts his shirt to reveal those damn abs.

This wasn't just beer pong...

It was a whole lot hotter.