16. Finally

The mark on my neck was turning purple so I applied concealer that I had found at the club to cover most of it up since the last thing I wanted right now was attention.

It was still hard to breathe though. 

I could taste the blood in my mouth, reminding me of how cold blooded Rafe was.

How heartless, terrifying, and cruel he was...

I never realized how violent he could be up until now.

Since JJ and Pope left with the boat, I had no choice but to walk home after finishing up at the Island club. My phone was dead and no one seemed to be around for me to ask for a favor.

I walked through figure eight, enjoying the breeze that cooled my throat. I hadn't had the time to just walk by myself.

It was refreshing to be alone.

Funny how summer break was meant to be for catching up with friends and now I'm over it.

He really did ruin the mood.

I try to stop these thoughts of Rafe by concentrating on the sky.

I could tell by the clouds that it would rain soon but I wasn't in a rush. Instead, I took the longest road home. 

I wanted to go to the beach.

The beach was my comfort place. 

Watching the waves move back and forth. 

Feeling the warm sand in between my toes. 

Smelling the salty smell of the ocean. 

It relaxed me whenever I felt angry.

Once I made it to the beach, I kicked my shoes off and sat on the sand amidst the violent winds which sent my hair dancing in the air. Clouds had covered the sun, and in the distance was a storm that slowly travelled towards Outerbanks.

My mind told me that I should walk home before it started raining but my body was still, not allowing me to move from my position on the beach. Instead, I stared at the dark clouds until they were all I could see in the sky.

Who knows how long I was frozen for.

It was not until I felt the beginning of heavy rainfall as it drenches me completely, that I finally began to make my way home. It would take 20 minutes to get back but I didn't have a choice. My skin crawled with goosebumps and I trembled at the cold weather.

And yet, it was refreshing to feel the cold drops of water as it hits the tender marks along my neck.

Great.

I'm thinking of him again.

After awhile, I heard the sound of a car driving slowly behind me. 

I ignored it. 

But when the vehicle stopped a few feet infront of me, I got nervous.

Was I really about to get kidnapped?

Should I walk across the street?

When the window of the car rolled down, 

there he was.

Rafe.

The anger that had subsided came flooding back. I ignored the car and furiously stomped past. I could hear Rafe's irritated voice calling my name but I refused to talk.

I was angry and terrified at the same time.

I mean how could I trust him after what he did?

"Fuck y/n! Just please get in the car!" He pleads, driving at the same pace as my walk. I continued to ignore his persistence.