17. Cold

I wrap one towel over my body and with another, I dry my hair. 

As I look into the mirror, the purple and blue bruise around my neck gains my attention. I stare at the hand mark that wrapped around my neck like a snake. It was almost as if his hands were still on me.

Stop it y/n.

You're imagining things.

The whole situation made me feel conflicted.

He is dangerous, cruel, and yet so so...

undeniably handsome.

And when I had the chance, 

I took the kiss.

I gave in.

Why?

I force my eyes close, not wanting to stress about him anymore.

I enter my room, rummaging through the open suitcase. I put on some sweats and a bra before searching for a jumper to wear.

 I couldn't help but think of the one that was folded on my bed.

I was tempted.

I approached, staring at the navy fabric. I bite my lip as my hand brushes against it.

Don't do it.

I pick the jacket up and unfold it.

His jacket was slightly damp, but I found too much comfort in it to care whether or not it was dirty. I put my arms through the oversized sleeves and zip the jacket up, immediately met with the scent of him. 

Expensive cologne with a hint of fresh laundry.

I get into the sheets and curl myself into a ball. It was still rainy which made my room feel especially cold.

Grabbing my phone from the night stand, I scroll through my contacts, stopping at one in particular. I contemplated on whether or not I should message him but an incoming text from someone else had stopped me.

It was JJ.

"Are you home?" He messages.

I reply quickly. "Yeah... how is Pope?".

"Still recovering but he should be fine". 

I let out a sigh, relieved that it wasn't anything serious.

"I'm sorry they did this" I text.

"It's not your fault." JJ reassures. "Get some rest. We'll talk later".

"Okay. Goodnight JJ".

"Night y/n".

How sweet.

I turn off my phone and place it back on the night stand. I roll over to the other side and close my eyes, trying hard to succumb to the darkness. And yet, I couldn't sleep with all the mixed emotions I was feeling. 

I've fallen in love.

And it was blinding me.

Shit.

I tossed and turned for hours at the thought of him. 

Why do you do this to me?

I woke up to the much needed sunlight that came after the storm. Not long after, a knock on the door made me sit up. 

"Come in!" I yell, rubbing my eyes and yawning a few times.

Behind the door was Sarah. She walked in and jumped on my bed, hugging me in which I fall back onto my pillow, giggling. When she finally releases me from her grasp, Sarah gets a good look at me.