24. Again?

It turns out that while I was sleeping away in Rafe's bed, John B had been pushed off the Hawks Nest by Topper and Sarah's dad has offered him a place to stay.

As his legal guardian.

It then all clicked.

Vlad was John B.

Why didn't I realize this sooner?

Sarah left the room when she heard her name being called, leaving John B and I together.

I wanted answers.

I wanted to know his intentions with her.

"So...Sarah huh? How'd you manage to catch the kook princess?" I began, earning a light chuckle from the pogue.

His head hung low, smiling. "I don't know either".

I groan at his dry answer and decided that I would get it out of Sarah at some point.

Speaking of Sarah, she finally came back, distressed and on the verge of tears.

"Sarah? Are you okay?" I question, walking over to give the girl a hug. 

John B also walks over.

"I-it was Topper... h-he-" she chokes.

"He's here? I'm going to kill him" John B threatens.

"N-no he's gone now b-but..." she breaks out into sobs. "H-he called me a s-slut and a w-whor-".

I interrupt her. "It's okay Sarah.. he's just angry. Don't listen to that jealous piece of shit".

I bring her into a warm hug, letting the girl stain my shirt with her tears. 

John B rubbed her back to calm her down.

Once the girl stopped crying, she wiped away her tears and headed upstairs to her room.

"I'll stay with her..." I suggest and John B nods.

"Thanks. I'm supposed to meet the pogues right now so..." He adds.

"Oh. Yeah you can go. Just be careful. That arm looks pretty bad" I state, staring at the cast.

"Y-yeah. See you later..." he waves as he leaves the house.

I walk up the stairs to Sarah's room where I find her sitting on the edge of the bed with her knees to her chest.

"Sarah?" I call out.

When she sees me, her knees fall and she gives me a weak smile.

"Topper doesn't deserve a girl like you okay?".

He doesn't deserve a girl period.

"But what if he's right...I cheated on him. And I always leave when things get serious..." she admits.

"Hey. Topper lost you because he's a dick. Prove him wrong. Be happy with John B" I suggest and the girl giggles.

"You really think we could work?" She questions.

"I know so. Now stop crying and please tell me what happened for me to end up in Rafe's bed".

Was that too forward?

"What?! How!?" Sarah shouts.

I hush her. "You tell me".

She thinks about it for a second. "You went to get a drink after dancing like a freak. That's all I know...".

I sigh. "Great...".

"Look, if you're going to fuck my brothe-".

I laugh. "We didn't do anything Sarah...I just woke up in his bed".