33. Kidnapped

Our trip to Charleston was... interesting.

Pope had gotten a letter from someone on the scholarship comittee that told him to go to 27 King Street at 8pm sharp. They had material evidence that could exonerate John b. JJ was quick to agree to go to Charleston after hearing that they had evidence that can clear John b.

Since we had a free period, we thought why not. I texted my parents that i would be at Kie's house for a couple of nights. Pope lied to his dad and stole the truck for us to use while Kiara told her parents the truth which ended in an arguement.

"If you don't come back at a reasonable time then don't come back at all!" Her mum threatens. Kie hesitates for a second before getting into the truck, driving off with us.

We definitely were not coming back at a reasonable hour. If we're lucky, we would be in Charleston by 8pm. Coming back would be another 4 hours excluding the time at the Limbrey residence. That is if nothing goes wrong and everything goes wrong when it comes to the pogues.

We got on the ferry before driving the truck through Charleston. It eventually broke down and we realised we wouldn't be able to meet the deadline so we fell asleep looking at the stars. I smiled when Kie kissed Popes cheek. I hope he dreams about it.

The next day, we dropped Pope off at the house after we got the car fixed. Turns out Miss Limbrey is a real crazy bitch and her little guard dog was trying to taser Pope. Running away from the man, we bumped into Sarah and John b. The moment was truly euphoric.

They helped us escape and took us to their boat where we exchanged hugs and happy tears. After filling the boat with gas, we set out to get back to outerbanks. Even though JJ suggested we all just move to Yucatan. Him and Yucatan is what i can never understand.

Us girls talked about how Sarah and John b got married in Nassau. We also noticed how she had a wound on the side of her waist. She tells us that Rafe shot her and that he is completely unhinged.

In the morning, Kiara told Sarah about her relationship with Pope while we ate watermelon for breakfast.

"Am i crazy or is there definitely something going on between you and Pope" Sarah questions, taking a bite of her watermelon. I look over to Kiara, waiting for her response.

"Maybe" Kie teases.

"That's not a no..." Sarah says.

"It's not a no" Kie repeats, a grin on her face.

"Girl" Sarah laughs and we all giggle.

"What about you y/n? Anyone swept you off your feet?" Sarah asks.

I go silent at her question, shaking my head. They seemed to let it go but i could tell Sarah knew who i was thinking about. I shouldn't be. Hell he's a murderer and psychotic.

But you can't spell psychotic without hot... fuck.

We get back on the boat with 2 large watermelons for the boys and set for outerbanks again. Realising that most of us will be in deep shit, we all had nothing to lose and decided on throwing a small welcome back party at the chateau. Just the pogues.

We park the boat at the docks. Kiara and i go into Geechies to buy beer while the others stayed on the boat since nobody really knows that we were back.

Leaving the shop with 2 packs of some cheap beer, i could feel eyes trailing us as we walked back to the pogues. I shrug it off since all i could think about was having a good time tonight.

Pope drives the boat back to the chateau and when the sun began to set, we got the hot tub ready. We get dressed to swim and meet in the backyard.

Kiara smoked with JJ, John b drank with Sarah and i, while Pope freestyled a rap. We giggled at the words coming out of his mouth.