.Ten.

THE CHIMES JINGLED as a feathery creature flew around the room, annoying the girl stood behind the counter

THE CHIMES JINGLED as a feathery creature flew around the room, annoying the girl stood behind the counter. The setting sun reflected on her cinnamon hair causing it to lighten its color by a few shades. Kim Seulhyun stared at the owl with her eyes full of judgement and shook her head at his actions. The owl merely hooted in response. "Don't vex me, Ju." She warned.

The creature settled down on his roost, staring at her with his tangerine pair of eyes. Seulhyun took a look at the sun outside and saw the vivid orange hue scattered in the sky. She averted her eyes to the restless owl and sighed in defeat. Since he is a crepuscular owl, he is naturally more active around this time.

She flipped an empty crate over and climbed on top of it, unlocking the small window. Ju looked at her expectantly, "Go ahead." The vampire said.

Without wasting any moment, the owl flew outside the room, hunting for its prey. Closing her window, Seulhyun jumped down the crate and proceeded with her previous work. She has been brewing potions and reading the recipe for the whole day, cooped up in her brewery and after many trials and fails, her potion finally looked normal.
At least it hasn't exploded on her.

Yet.

As she directed her attention on the recipe written on the book, she searched for the ingredient she needed. "Where are the flowers?" She opened a drawer in hopes of finding it but to no avail, it wasn't there. "Ah!" She exclaimed, recalling where she had put the flowers.

She opened a small pouch, spilling a few of them on the table and picked the flowers that was required. Placing the wild chrysanthemum on the cutting board, she grabbed the knife and cut the flower petals into tiny pieces, mincing it to finer bits. She pinched a decent amount into the boiling potion in the cauldron. Quickly reading the next step, she stirred the liquid with the metal spoon.

"Stir it three times and leave it to simmer for an hour." Seulhyun read aloud.

"So long?" A voice suddenly entered the room as two manly figures surprised her. Her brows raised as she watched the blonde-haired man walked around the room as if it was his own, opening a few cabinets and pushed a mysterious bag inside.
"What's that?"
"What's what?"

"The bag just now, what was that?" Seulhyun asked as her wrist spun in a circular motion three times. "Oh, it's resources for your potions." Sunoo answered, dusting his hands off and walked towards his younger brother. The brunette's eyes fell on the tall prince, his obsidian eyes entranced her into a lull as she noticed how his brows were slightly pulled together. It was nearly unnoticeable as his face held a stoic mask. He looked troubled.

"Why is he here?" She pulled herself out of the trance as she pointed at the male. Since when was she so observant? She felt her ears warmed as his gaze stuck on her. Why was he staring at her?

"I told him to join me." Sunoo told, smiling.
The girl arched her brow, "And he listened?" Her voice raised in bewilderment.

"Of course, he did. Why wouldn't he?" Sunoo laughed, looking at her in a questioning manner. Seulhyun avoided his gaze, not wanting to feel dumb as she chuckled softly, shutting the topic off. "And why are you here?"