.Seventeen.

ONCE THE MEETING was dismissed by King Jungwon, everyone began reaching for the door

ONCE THE MEETING was dismissed by King Jungwon, everyone began reaching for the door. Clearly exhausted by the heavy subject they covered. Seulhyun kept her eyes on the brunette ahead of her, wanting to catch up to the queen as she quickened her steps. Haeyul looked uncomfortable throughout the entire meeting and her body language shows it.

Her eyes were always gazing down as if she was afraid to look at everyone's reactions. And she kept fiddling with her hands. She only spoke when she had to, which is odd.

As Seulhyun turned to a corner, a group of maids surrounded her causing her face to form a deep frown. What is going on?
"May I help you?"

"We were ordered to aid your bruises, ma'am." One of the maidens spoke.
The cinnamon-haired girl tore her eyes away from Haeyul for a split second before eyeing the brunette again. How did they know about her bruises? No one knows about it except..

Her thoughts were immediately cut off as she finally fixated her hazel eyes on the maid in front of her. "Did.." She hesitated, "Did Prince Niki sent you here?" She examined the group of maids as one bit their lips as if afraid to spill the truth.
"They told us to not disclose their identity, ma'am."

Seulhyun closed her eyes. Yup. Totally Niki. Why would he do such a kind act for her?
"Well, you can just give me the things. I can take care myself." She smiled, bringing her palms out, waiting for the ointments.

The same maid, who spoke before, shook her head. "We must assist you, miss. You are an important guest with a high status-"

"Hold on." Seulhyun raised her pointer finger up, "I don't remember obtaining a high status, therefore we are the same. Equals." She told, wondering where on earth did they heard about that rumor. Shaking her head, she quickly excused herself from the group and rushed to where she last seen the queen.

Increasing her speed, she jogged through the hallways with the glass ointment container in her hand. She searched for any trace of Haeyul and found her black dress peeking behind a pillar. Why is she hiding behind a pillar?

"Haeyul!" The girl approached the latter, expecting her to face her with a greeting but instead, she saw a frail girl sat on the ground with her knees brought to her chest as her head rested on it.

Seulhyun felt her heart sting when she saw the scene, crouching down to take a better look at her. Haeyul's hair fell to her feet, covering her face from being seen. "Haeyul?"

No response.

"Hae, I was thinking whether you want to accompany me to the field."

No response.

Sighing, Seulhyun slid down the pillar and sat next to the girl. Her head pressed against the cold marble as the evening breeze invited itself in the castle. She knew why Haeyul was acting this way. However, she didn't know how to bring it up. "It's not your fault."