.Thirteen.

"You could've rejected her."
SEULHYUN looked at the vampire ahead of her, her platinum blonde hair swayed left and right, glistening under the candle lights as she continued to walk. "Why didn't you?" The brunette pressed as she didn't receive an answer from her.

Eve turned her head to the side and shrugged. "If the queen wants me to escort you then I shall do as she says." She responded monotonously. Seulhyun frowned. She knew that wasn't the real reason why she had complied to the queen's words, but she didn't want to force the girl further.
"Alright then."

"Do you even know where my chamber is?" She asked, noticing the how foreign the halls looked. She never went here before. Where were they going?
"I don't think this is the way to my chamber.."

The blonde-haired vampire sighed in vexation, piqued by her questions. "Can't you just stay quiet?" The girl told, "Either way we're going to reach your chamber."

Seulhyun's frown deepened as she stared at the Eve. Why did she hate her so much? From the moment they met, she has never treated her nicely—even commenting on her behavior. It's not like she had forced her into accompanying her to her chamber. She could've just rejected Queen Haeyul's suggestion and go along her day but she decided to cave in and accept the request. When Seulhyun tried to break the ice, she'll merely ignore her comments and questions. Then suddenly she told her to shut up.

Tired from her attitude, Seulhyun stopped in her tracks. If this is how the walk to her chamber is going to be, she would rather walk alone. "I'll go by myself."

"Just tell Her Highness that I reached my chambers safely." She said and turned on her heels.
"Are you telling me to lie to the queen?" Surprisingly, the vampire could respond.

The brunette faced the girl. Eve's face formed into a frown, staring at the girl for her answer. "I will reach there safely by myself. You're not lying to her. Just say I prefer to be alone." Seulhyun corrected, "None of that is a lie."

Not wanting to stay with the lady any longer, the latter turned around and began walking, leaving Eve alone. Secretly, she thought they could finally dissolve the misunderstandings from the first interaction they had and start getting along. But maybe she was too naive.

On her way to her chamber, she stumbled upon a familiar prince. Unlike his appearance on the field, he was now in a more formal attire. Walking up to the prince, she bowed to him, greeting him. "Hello, Prince Sunghoon."

"Hey," The prince answered, clearly distracted by something else. Seulhyun followed his gaze and found herself looking at the empty hallway. Was he searching for someone?
"Have you seen Evelyn?"

His question threw her off guard. Evelyn? As in Eve? Her brows raised, did they have a hidden relationship or something? It was none of her business anyway. "I just talked to her, she should be around that corner." She pointed at the place she had been.
"Thank you."

Humming to herself, Seulhyun brushed the conversation off. Whatever they are, it's none of her business. Besides, Eve doesn't like her. Unfortunately. As she passed through the hallways, she met the same brunette she had seen on the field. Her head tilted to the side, brows forming a frown.

"I thought Eve is escorting you to your chamber?" She walked towards you.
"Uhm-"
"Did something happened?" She asked.

Seulhyun paused, carefully mulling over her answer. Should she tell what had happened truthfully? But will that make her a tattletale?

Haeyul caught on to her discomfort as her hands clenched on her dress, deep in thought. She lightly placed her hand on the vampire's shoulder. She must be scared and overthinking her answer. "You don't need to lie. I won't do anything." She voiced out.

The cinnamon-haired girl inhaled deeply, uncertain of her next actions but decided to do it anyway. "Me and Eve don't really have a good relationship at the moment. I don't think she likes me because of our first interaction. She called me an unmannered lady because I had marched to Mrs. Kim. I thought I could break the ice between the two of us earlier, but I guess not. Instead, she lashed out on me and told me to keep quiet."

"I'm sorry. I may have asked too many questions." She finished.
She didn't dare to meet the queen's face as she fixated her eyes on her dress.

She heard Queen Haeyul sighed. "Please be understanding towards her behavior," She alluded to Eve, "she has been going through a rough time and refuses to open up about it. She's not usually like this." She revealed.

"If you want, I can be the one to escort you instead." The queen offered and Seulhyun shook her head. How could she let a queen escort a lowly maid like her to her chamber! Declining the offer vigorously, Haeyul's shoulder slumped down.

She must be uncomfortable with her since she is a queen, Haeyul thought. "Oh, okay then." Haeyul tightly smiled, her eyes swimming in disappointment.

Panicking upon seeing her reaction, Seulhyun shook her head again—this time, she was taking back her rejection. "Well- it will be nice to have someone accompany me to my chamber-" She switched.

Haeyul raised her brow. "Are you sure?" Confused by her sudden switch.
"Yeah, I thought it would have been wrong for a queen to escort me to my chamber." Seulhyun explained.

Haeyul snorted, laughing at her statement. "My title might be a queen, but I surely don't act like one." She said, "Treat me like I'm an equal."
Seulhyun nodded, "Alright."

After that interaction, Seulhyun found herself confiding to Haeyul as the queen's aura seemed to ease her mind. The two of them ended up walking around the castle just talking to one another as they found topics, they shared a mutual interest in and unexpectedly, they had a lot in common with their struggles too. It was probably because the both of them were 'foreigners' so most of their problems were quite similar. Seulhyun was especially surprised when she found out that Haeyul is a time traveler—they are extremely rare to come across. She also learnt the reason why that fact was kept a secret and she swore to herself to never reveal it to anyone else.

What felt like minutes turned into an hour as the sun hid itself in the horizon, making space for the silver satellite to keep the bleak sky company.

To Seulhyun's delight, the night carried on smoothly. 

Do you have any theories atm?

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!
🥰🥰