.Thirty-One.

KIM SUNOO looked at Seulhyun with an expression of disbelief scattered across his face

KIM SUNOO looked at Seulhyun with an expression of disbelief scattered across his face. He held a thick book in his hands as he just finished reading a section where Seulhyun had told him to read. "You want me to do the binding spell?" He asked him and Seulhyun nodded. "So, your plan is to use a rope and tie it to the carriage and put it across your dragon?"

Again, Seulhyun nodded, not finding anything odd with her plan. Sunoo frowned, "What if your dragon gets scratched by the ropes pulling against his skin?" He asked.

Seulhyun genuinely smiled at his concern towards her companion. "Don't worry, this method was used by Arkallis and proven to be not harmful." She assured him, "Dragons' scales are very thick, so it's difficult to pierce through it."
Sunoo seemed to be persuaded by her words and hesitantly nodded. "I'll go prepare the dragon, I hope you'll be ready by then."
"I will."

As Sunoo went out to the field, Seulhyun sighed deeply. She had one task to do before leaving and it was the most difficult task to do in her plan. She has to coax Evelyn to join her. Of course, she hoped Evelyn will easily give in to her by the mention of Sunghoon but who knows. What if she prefers to stay here, safe and sound rather than risking her life in Ryu village?

The brunette spotted the targeted vampire and walked towards her. Seulhyun extended her arm and tapped on the blonde vampire's shoulder. Evelyn turned around and her face turned grim at the sight of her. Seulhyun warily waved her hand, "Hi." She greeted.

Evelyn quirked her brow, wondering what the foreigner wanted from her. Seulhyun took in a long deep breath and spoke, "So, as you know me and the others will be leaving for Ryu Village soon, and I think it is only right for you to follow us."

Hearing your statement, Evelyn dropped her current chore and gave Seulhyun her undivided attention. She crossed her arms, "Why...?" She seemed confused.
"Well, you're not just a maid.." Seulhyun simply said.

Evelyn immediately pressed her hand onto Seulhyun's mouth and looked around with worry written all over her face. "Don't say that out loud!" She harshly whispered and Seulhyun nodded her head vigorously. The blonde-haired vampire let go of Seulhyun and stared at her intently. The latter felt embarrassed by the sudden long eye contact with such a gorgeous vampire.

"Alright." Evelyn gave in, "What do I have to do?" She asked.
Seulhyun beamed at her answer and almost hugged her out of sheer happiness but decided against it. "Just climb aboard and reunite with him." She alluded to Sunghoon.

Evelyn gave her an odd sign which she had seen Haeyul doing a lot. If she wasn't mistaken, it meant as a sign to show that you agree with someone or something. "Oh. and.." Seulhyun trailed off, fiddling with her hands.

"I'm so sorry for...everything." She slightly smiled, apologetic. It looked as if Evelyn had understood her without Seulhyun needing to explain any further. She placed her hand on Seulhyun's arm and caressed it softly, offering her a smile and walked away.

Relief washed over her and she swore she could melt into the ground in that moment. Upon hearing her name getting called, she quickly snapped back into reality. "KIM SEULHYUN!! WE'RE READY!"

A loud roar from the dragon scared everyone and Seulhyun took that as a sign to make her way there. She stroked Buddy and saw the armed knights and princes inside the carriages. Sunoo hadn't climbed on the dragon since he was waiting for her.

Seulhyun swiftly jumped up her dragon grabbed Sunoo's hand, assisting him as he easily sat behind her. "Wow, this is not quite comfortable." Sunoo let out.

Buddy must have heard him since he had growled in displease while Seulhyun merely laughed. "You're not riding a horse. Of course, it isn't as comfortable." She told him off.
"Yeah, yeah."

"Is everyone ready?"
A chorus of 'yes's filled the air and Seulhyun readied herself. "Hold on tight!" She yelled as Buddy pushed them of the ground and guided them in the sky.

Seulhyun leaned down to talk to her companion and said, "Buddy, can we be just a bit faster this time?" You asked, dragging on the word 'bit', and received a huff from the dragon. Buddy began speeding up, coursing through the sky while Seulhyun heard a few scared gasps from Sunoo and the vampires in the carriages below them.

Hours later, they finally reached Ryu Village, being able to enter without having to wait for the barrier to open since they were travelling with a dragon. Sunoo scanned the forest below them and spotted an area where many tents were built.

"Over there." He pointed and Seulhyun motioned Buddy to follow his directions. "Everyone, prepare for landing!" Sunoo announced.

Seulhyun took in a shaky breath. Hopefully, Buddy can do the landing well. Buddy floated above the trees, stabilizing himself as he slowly flew down. "Slowly, Bud."

Buddy managed to place the carriages safely on the ground, without harming anyone and Seulhyun climbed off of him with Sunoo. In the corner of her eye, Seulhyun saw a glimpse of Jungwon. However, she had to take a second look as she processed the scene she was looking at.

Jungwon was tied up in ropes—not only him but all of his brothers as well, including Niki. And the worst part was the sword placed against Jungwon's neck. "Bloody.."

Something inside her triggered when she saw Niki hopelessly kneeling with his head down. So in the heat of the moment, Seulhyun ran to the scene and gripped her wand in her hands. How dare King Aspian threaten The Main Prince's life?! Does he have a death wish?

Seulhyun pointed her wand at King Aspian as her hand shook tremendously and joined the scene. "What do you think you're doing?!" She exclaimed in fury towards the king.

Prince Niki who had been closing his eyes at the lack of energy in him, opened his eyes at the voice of the familiar vampire. Outsider! He snapped his head at her direction and saw her bravely pointing her wand at her own king.

Has she gone insane? Pointing her wand at her own King? Or did she forget that she is still counted as a civilian under King Aspian?

Whatever the reason. Niki suddenly felt the rush of motivation in him as he kept his eyes on the brunette. 

oh my gosh! I missed writing this smmmm

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!
❣️❣️