.Forty-Eight.

"Oh, come on!" NIKI'S LOUD PROTEST echoed the hallway as he clung onto his lover's arm

"Oh, come on!"
NIKI'S LOUD PROTEST echoed the hallway as he clung onto his lover's arm. The brunette eyed him with disgust, judging him silently. "You can't keep on acting like this!"

"It was an accident!" Niki insisted, "I didn't mean for you to fall off the bed like that."
"Right..." Seulhyun rolled her eyes, "totally an accident." Her tone feigned lack of trust in his reasoning, which caused the prince to frown.

"Seulllll," Niki whined, trying to ease Seulhyun into forgiving him however she wasn't wavering at all. Her arms were still crossed as the back of her head faced him.

Not to be weird or anything, but goodness..even her back looked gorgeous to him.

Then, an idea flickered in his head.

He tried to fight the smirk growing on his lips as he placed his hand on top of Seulhyun's shoulder, tugging her to face him. He took slow steps towards her as he saw her face formed into a spiral of confusion—brows frowned and eyes questioning him.

Once her back hit the wall, Niki placed his hand next to her head, surprising the brunette immensely.

Niki wanted to squish her face as it grew beet red. Containing his smile, he leaned to her ear and whispered: "Why not you forgive me, and we spend our time happily together?"

He quirked his brows upwards as he tilted his head, waiting for her answer. Much to his expectations, Seulhyun only punched his chest, covering her mouth with one of her hands.

"WHAT THE HELL!?"

Niki laughed and clapped his hand as her voice boomed the hallways. Seulhyun was fuming with embarrassment with her hands clenched while Niki was having the time of his life teasing her.

What.. why? Why would he do that?
Her head was spinning as she recalled seeing his face so up close with hers. Niki looked at her, his forehead creasing together, "Why are you reacting as if we never kissed?"

Seulhyun's jaw dropped, hands already up in the air, ready to hit him again. Thankfully though, Niki stopped her lovely violence with a hug.

He mumbled apologies on her shoulders and Seulhyun swore she was going to explode from his sickly-sweet actions. "I'm going to kill you."
"You know you can't."
"I can."
"How?"

This time, it was Seulhyun's turn to smirk. "By doing this," She gently took ahold of his face and stared at him deeply, admiring his honey-tanned skin and inched closer to him as she closed her eyes.

Niki's breath hitched as he followed her and closed his eyes, slightly tilting his head to get a better access to her lips.

Just as their lips grazed against each other's lips. Seulhyun opened her eyes, an evil grin evident on her face and placed her hand on his lips instead of her lips. Her laugh travelled in the air before Niki could even register what had happened. However, once he realized, his facial expression fell into a state of shock. How could she do that?

Reject his kiss?????

His kiss?

Seulhyun slipped out of his arms and walked away in a nonchalant manner, passing by the throne room, waving her hands to him replicating the scene he had done to her on that rainy day. Unfortunately, Niki wasn't one to back out from a challenge, so soon enough the both of them were playing tag in the hallways.

Meanwhile, the spirit in the throne room was not as bright as it was outside. The tense atmosphere created by a sheet of paper was itching a grin from Sunoo. Just because of a sheet of paper everyone is so..riled up.

Sunoo loved it.

From watching the king's nervously nibbling on his lips, to the shaky grip he had on the letter he held. He loved everything about it.

For context, Jungwon had just sent a letter, informing the fellow king of his remaining time to solve the internal issue in his castle. And the consequences for not solving the task listed in the letter had shattered King Aspian's confidence. One of them was dethroning their family from the royal status for their incompetence.

Sometimes Sunoo, himself, forgets the authority his brother holds.

Sunoo lazily eyed the king as he waited for his response to the letter. "So, how is your search progressing, Your Majesty?" He asked, smiling expectantly.

King Aspian gulped at the question. "Well, based on our research, we have two main suspects. Mrs. Kang and Kim Seulhyun."

The king went on blabbering about his opinions, and the facts which supported his stance, but Sunoo had blocked all of it out. From the moment he had mentioned Seulhyun's name, he knew that vampire will be uttering lies.

Seulhyun?

Any vampire will know that out of everyone, Seulhyun is innocent.

Shaking his head, Sunoo let a scoff past his lips. His reaction caused the king to abruptly stop in his explanation and frowned disapprovingly. "Why must everyone be so dumb..." Sunoo sighed to himself.
"I beg your pardon?" King Aspian raised his brows, afraid he may have heard it wrong.

Sunoo lifted his head up and stared at the king, his eyes were now dead serious—any mischief it once held was gone as he stalked up the stairs to the throne, where the king sat. Just as he reached the last step, he heard all of the knights draw their swords.

"W-what are you doing?" King Aspian stuttered as Sunoo placed his hand on the palmette of his throne. His dominating aura made the king shrink into his own throne as Sunoo restrained himself from ripping the vampire out of his throne.

Sunoo leaned down towards the king and said, "You better do your job right because even though me and Niki have been staying silent, doesn't mean we agree with you."

The prince paused to study the quivering iris of the so called king and grinned.

"And between the two of us, we both know your knights won't do a number on me."

so, I wanted a hot Sunoo moment and there you go 😍also, idk if you noticed but seulhyun's and niki's scene was like a mirror of sunoo's and king aspian's scene

also, idk if you noticed but seulhyun's and niki's scene was like a mirror of sunoo's and king aspian's scene

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

I love you all ❣️❣️