.Fifty-Five.

"Niki!!"    THE PRINCE turned around towards her direction as Seulhyun ran as if her life depended on it

   "Niki!!"
   THE PRINCE turned around towards her direction as Seulhyun ran as if her life depended on it. The prince winced as he watched her run down the slippery hill. "Careful!" He had his arms extended out just in case she tripped and tumble down the slope.

Seulhyun caught up to him and placed both her hands on his arms, breathing heavily as she panted for air. Her eyes quivered as her mouth opened, "I think Princess Aene knows I'm the messenger." Her brows pulled into a frown, creating creases in her forehead and her hand moved to her head.

Niki looked at her oddly. What on earth is she spewing about?

"How did you come to that conclusion?" He reached for her by the waist and pushed back the stray strands of hair on her face. She looked at him in terror, "I was sleeping last night and I dreamt about the day I ran away from here—this kingdom."

"They called my name Niki. They knew- the guards knew it was me who ran away. It means the person who ordered them knew it was me who betrayed them." She rambled. Her body buzzed with tension which Niki found hard to follow. "Don't you understand?"
Niki quirked his brow, "Are you saying you're only here right now because Aene is letting you roam around freely?"

Seulhyun snapped her fingers, relieved he immediately connected the two dots. "So, is this all just a part of her scheme?" Niki questioned her theory, "Because if so, we have to think of a plan."

"I...don't know." Seulhyun broke down. She felt scared. She couldn't stand being alone after knowing that fact. It was as if the walls had eyes of its own, spying on every move she took. It felt suffocating to her. The first instinct she had was to meet Niki. "What am I supposed to do.."

"If I do one wrong move, she'll send her men after me. I'll be wanted- I won't be able to provide for my family any-"
Niki cut her off by pulling her into his embrace, hiding her face into his shoulder as he stroked her hair. "She won't do that. Not when I'm here with you." He comforted her, but Seulhyun didn't buy it. It's not like she's going to be with him every single moment. He's also a prince from another kingdom, they are due to break apart from each other soon. How is she going to handle the princess then?

"Seul!" Niki's voice cracked into her haunting thoughts. She didn't notice the hands on the side of her head, directing her vision to his eyes.

Niki held his breath whilst he stared at the girl in front of him. In the lull of their moment, a lonely tear streamed down her cheek. His grip on her loosened as his chest throbbed.

Seulhyun leaned into his touch, the next few tears falling into his palm as her lips quivered in his hand. Niki fought the burning sensation in his throat as his words balled on the top of his tongue. He had so much to say, yet nothing was spoken.

No words were spoken as well when Seulhyun had stopped crying. Both were silent until the sun was at its peak. They were sat under a tree, hidden from the castles' sight. Seulhyun had her head craned onto his nape while Niki had his on top of hers—their knees were tangled together as they looked at the scenery.