.Sixteen.

A CRY.
A cry hit the vampire's ears causing her to halt precipitously. It was from her chamber. It sounded a lot like Ju. Panic swarmed her body as she hastily swung her door open, eyes immediately searching for the owl. When she caught his brown feathers peaking under the curtains, she exhaled in relief, rushing over where he stood.

"Ju?" She called out, receiving no response from the usually loud owl. "Ju, are you okay?" She repeated as she lifts the curtain up, taking a thorough scan on the owl.

It wasn't injured. Physically, it wasn't. Emotionally however, he was obviously hurting. Seulhyun could see his longing eyes looking at the scenery outside as his feathers itched. He wanted to reunite with Mrs. Kang. Companions couldn't be kept away from its owner for too long or else it will suffer emotionally.

Her throat clogged as she couldn't form words to soothe the suffering owl since she wasn't his owner. "I'm sorry, Ju." She genuinely apologized, "I wish I can set you free and let you return to Mrs. Kang, but..."

She couldn't seem to find the correct words as her sentence hang in the air. The owl turned to look at her and moved closer towards her hand, snuggling into her palm. "I'll discuss it with the king. Hopefully, His Highness will understand and let you go." She said with determination.

The latter walked out of the room and headed to the Great Hall until she saw a familiar prince closing the door to his room, accompanied by a few maids. Their eyes met as he fixed his belt, quirking a brow towards the vampire.

"Why aren't you in the Dining Hall?"
"Shouldn't I ask you that?" Seulhyun retorted.
Prince Niki huffed out. Not a single chance to have a civil conversation with the snappy vampire. "I just finished bathing," He pointed to his clothes, "as you can see."

"Now, answer my question." He told—almost ordering.

The brunette shrugged her shoulders, "I had to take care of something." She vaguely told.
"Well, that 'something' must've taken a while."
"Or you just bath really quickly."

The prince shook his head at the girl as she walked ahead of him, following her steps as she led him to the Great Hall. Seulhyun wondered what was so urgent for the king to arrange a meeting so suddenly. It was most likely about news from the South Kingdom.

Her feet buzzed as she worried for the news that were about to hit them.

When they stepped into the broad hall, the pair bowed to the king and went to their seats. Seulhyun seating next to Sunoo and Sunghoon while Prince Niki sat across her, in between Prince Jay and Jake. She noticed the eldest prince was nowhere to be seen as his seat was vacant. Where did he go?

As King Jungwon began his speech, Prince Sunoo leaned towards her and whispered, "You and Niki came in together?" A flair of disbelief graced his voice.
Seulhyun frowned at how that question sound. Although the prince didn't say it out loud, she knew what he was implying. "It's not what you think."