.Thirty-Eight.

STEPPING OUT  of his tent, a familiar brunette caught his attention

STEPPING OUT of his tent, a familiar brunette caught his attention. The previous images of the lifeless girl vanished as his eyes fixated on Seulhyun. She was moving hastily as she seemed to be calling for Jungwon.

A fond smile etched on Niki's face. He noticed how his problems always simply clears off of his mind whenever he is with Seulhyun. Is that why he enjoys her company so much? Whenever he is near her, time seems to pass by so quickly, which leads him to find every opportunity to be with her—even when it means getting into trouble.

Then, he remembered Enya again. Will he get Seulhyun into trouble too..? His forehead creased. No, that can't happen. He won't let it happen. "Not on my watch." He clenched his hands into fists.

Marching his way to Seulhyun, he overhead their conversation from his position. They were stood in a restricted place, but since he was a prince himself, he had access to almost everything.

He heard Jungwon speaking, "Are you certain this is the right antidote for King Aspian? Because if anything happens, war might really happen."
"I am certain, Your Highness."

Silence emitted the conversation for a while before Haeyul broke it, "I think it is better for us to trust Seulhyun," She said, "She knows of this more than us."

Silence struck again.

"Fine. I will hold a meeting with all of my brothers and then we'll coordinate a plan together." Jungwon concluded.

In that moment, Niki heard enough to understand the whole situation. If he isn't wrong..then King Aspian must be spelled and Seulhyun had took notice of it, resulting for her to make an antidote under the agreement from Jungwon. So, yesterday she was bothered by this matter.

And stupidly enough, he had taken more of her time by take a fly with her. Looking at the dark circles under her eyes, she must be exhausted.

"Thank you, Your Highness." Seulhyun bowed down to her knees and Niki entered the scene, taking everyone off guard. "Niki?"

Niki raised his hand, stopping Seulhyun from uttering anything. "I heard everything, so don't bother keeping it away from me." He directly told.

Jungwon looked at him, stunned. He nodded and took Haeyul's hand, leading her away from Seulhyun and Niki. The blonde-haired prince peered at the brunette standing close to him, raising his brow at her. Seulhyun laughed meekly, scratching her neck, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

"I was planning to tell you but-"
Niki chuckled, putting his hand on top of her head and ruffled her hair. "Why are apologizing? I'm not upset." He clarified, finding her cute. "You probably didn't want to tell me because you didn't want to create any rumors."

"Yes, but no- that just sounds like I don't have trust for you." Seulhyun rebutted. Niki's eyes flickered once he heard her sentence. So, does that mean she trusts him? "I just didn't want to burden you with my problems, so I decided to wait until I successfully finished my task first."