.Forty-One.

AFTER THE TREMENDOUSLY confusing episode in the tent, both the kings from Enlypse and Ollyn had come into an agreement by sending only two princes to Ollyn—Sunoo and Niki. Sunoo was selected for his knowledge in potions and spells, while Niki was selected to ensure the security of his brother an Seulhyun. 

Seulhyun had just send her dragon off, telling him to go to Enlypse. Climbing on one of the horses, she saw Niki appear next to her as he was on his horse as well. Just by his eyes, he managed to give her comfort. 

The latter sighed, facing forward as everyone started moving. She had bittersweet feelings about going back to her home. Will she only go back temporarily or stay there permanently?

If she is going to stay there permanently...

She snapped her head around, seeing all of her friends waving their hands at them with a smile. Her throat clogged up and she waved her hands back to them, fighting the tears breaming her eyes. She didn't want to lose them. Although they had only spent a few months with each other, she felt safe there. They were her safe haven. 

Niki caught sight of the tear falling from her face once she turned around, hiding her face away. His heart ached for her and all he wanted to do was pull her into the most genuine hug he could give. 

.•.•.

After a long time, riding on their horses, they finally arrived in Ollyn. Coincidentally, the road they were taking was very close to where Seulhyun's family was staying. Her back straightened, as her eyes darted at the scenery. It was already evening by the time they had arrived, so the place looked rather gloomy, but she knew the streets all too well. How could she forget the streets where she spent her childhood playing at? 

"Is something wrong?" 
Seulhyun turned to Niki and shook her head, smiling ear to ear. "Nothing. It's just- this is very nostalgic to me." She told and pointed at a certain tree. "I used to climb that tree every time I got the chance to even though in the end, I would only earn myself a scar or two." 

To her surprise, Niki abruptly paused, stopping Bisco from taking any further step. His eyes bore into her as he questioned, "This is your home? As in where you were born and raised?" 

Seulhyun nodded meekly, "I know it doesn't look the best-"
"Why didn't you tell me?" Niki huffed out and immediately paused, letting silence took over their conversation. The girl tilted her head, mystified by him. He never asked so she didn't tell. Why did he react so suddenly?

"We're visiting your family; I have told Sunoo." Niki told shortly, earning a flabbergasted Seulhyun as a response. Just like that? But she could only visit her family once every few months if she was lucky when she was staying in the castle. So, seeing Niki doing something so crucial to her with little effort astounded her. 

"Oh." Was the only thing she could utter before leading the way to her house. 

Once she saw her house, she didn't wait for her horse to fully stop before sliding off of it. She wished her feet could move faster so she could reach into her parents' arm sooner. Barging the door open, three familiar pair of eyes focused on her. Her chest was heaving up and down as she extended her arms out. 

"I'm home!!" She yelled to her family. 

The first to react was her mother as she immediately engulfed her into a well-needed hug. The warm scent of her mother filled her nostril as she melted into the hug. Then, she felt a pair of muscular arms wrap around her, followed by a pair she didn't quite recognize. 

Once everyone let her go, she saw a man standing in front of her. His features were familiar but his height and built weren't. "Soulhyun?" She pointed at the man, guessing it was her little brother. 

Soulhyun smirked smugly, raising his brows. "That's me." He said, his voice deeper than she had remembered. "I don't remember you being this short, Seul." 
The older sister rolled her eyes, pushing her leg up to kick his leg. "Shut up."

Someone clicked their tongue, gaining her attention and she saw her dad looking at, disappointed. "You come home and the first person you talk to is your brother, what about me?" He sighed, feigning betrayal which received a smack on his chest by none other than her mom. 

"Shouldn't I be saying that instead?" Her voice pierced Seulhyun's ears. However, contrary to her feisty demeanor with her dad, she looked at her with the fondest eyes she had seen. "How are you doing, Seul?" She asked as she caressed her daughter's cheek. 

Seulhyun giggled. "I'm doing great, Mom. I've met new people, who are now my greatest friends." At the mention of friends, Seulhyun's mind wandered off to Niki. Where was he? 

"Speaking of new people.." Seulhyun trailed off, exiting the house with the whole family following her. "I have someone to introduce you to." She completed as her view set on the man standing right outside her yard. 

Niki was standing with both his hands in his pocket as he legs moved to play with the gravel beneath him. Once he felt the lingering eyes on him, he looked up to see Seulhyun staring at him. He smiled at her and Seulhyun swore he was the most handsome vampire she had laid her eyes on. His tall built and his small waist, and how he stood slightly slanted to the back had her knees felt weak. 

"Is it him?" Her mother's voice pulled her out of her trance. 

The brunette cleared her throat, "Y-yes, let's go and talk to him." She said, hoping they didn't hear the trail of nervousness in her voice. Unfortunately for her, a mother will never not let anything go unnoticed. 

As all of them walked up to Niki, the prince looked at his friend with confusion hidden in his eyes. Why are all of them approaching him? Not to mention her dad who was glaring at him intensely. What did he do?

"Mom, Dad, Soul, meet Prince Niki, the youngest prince from the seven main brothers- Niki, meet my..." Seulhyun peered at Niki and the two of them shared eye contact, "...friend." The pause in her sentence was evident, but it was either Niki didn't notice and continued her parents. Or he did but he chose to ignore it. 

But it was genuinely confusing for Seulhyun. Was Niki really merely a friend to her? Even when she knows the growing feelings she has for him? She knew she can't keep herself satisfied by just being friends with him, yet she can't do anything about it. 

The fact he was a prince from another region was enough to keep the hesitation bury her love for him.

Or is her love for him stronger than she thought?

surprisee another chapter!I promise you'll be getting more stuff between niki and seulhyun starting from now 😉

I promise you'll be getting more stuff between niki and seulhyun starting from now 😉

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!
💕💕💕