.Twelve.

THE REMINISCENT MEMORY faded away from her mind as she directed her eyes to the busy scene in front of her. Everyone was still busy cheering for the princes while the princes had dispersed in their own ways. She saw Sunoo chattering with Prince Sunghoon and a blonde-haired girl who stood next to the older prince. She looked familiar but she couldn't recall her name. Was it Ivy? Whoever it is, she is incredibly gorgeous. Her icy blue irises can vanquish the wildest flames with just a glance. 

Suddenly Seulhyun felt a presence behind her, its figure towered over hers as turned her head to look at the person. "I'm surprised to see you here, Outsider." A familiar voice vibrated in her left ear, resulting her to swing her hand, hitting his face. "Ow!"

The brunette gasped. "What was that for?" The prince exclaimed, touching his nose as he glared at her. 

"Why were you so close?!" She reiterated as her eyes flickered where his hand lied. The prince grunt as he moved his nose as he checked whether it was injured. "Next time, don't creep up on me." 
Niki scorned. "Shouldn't you apologize for hitting me?"
"Why should I?" 

The latter looked at her with pure disbelief in his eyes. "What if I broke my nose?" He asked and Seulhyun scoffed, ridiculing his question as she crossed her arms. "Are you seriously that weak?" She rolled her eyes. How dramatic. 

"Fair enough. Someone as petite as you can't cause any severe harm to anyone." Niki jested, his lips forming into an irksome smirk. The girl couldn't help but click her tongue, averting her eyes from him as she didn't want to spoil her mood. She was here to enjoy her evening, she shouldn't let him destroy that.  

As she examined the horses ahead of her in the field, a horse caught her eyes as its white mane contrasted with its black fur. Its eyes drowned into his body creating an interesting illusion. Although it was a horse, she could tell it was a confident one, holding his head proud and high as his tail swayed to the right. 

Suddenly out of nowhere, she felt a pair of large hands cupping her shoulders and the world spun as a strong gust of wind slapped her face. Horrified yells were heard around her as she felt her back pressed against a dense material. Opening her eyes, she was welcomed with a piece of fabric way too close to her eyes. She trailed up the buttons until her eyes reached to the vampire's face, finding Niki's stony expression. Why was she in his embrace?

His chest reverberated as he spoke, "Control your horse, Jake." He exhorted with his arms around the small frame which belonged to the foreigner. 

Gulping, Seulhyun pry herself off of the prince, unable to comprehend what just happened. Did he just hug her in front of so many people? She hung her head low as she evaded the curious eyes on her. "Woah, His Majesty's horse almost hit that girl." A maid whispered.
"She could have been severely injured." 
"Thankfully, Prince Niki was quick enough to save her." 
"Should I be jealous?"

One of the maid's friends hit her on the arm, shaking her head. 
Seulhyun huffed, unsure whether to be grateful or shocked. Both. She guessed Prince Jake's had gone out of control and sprinted to her figure. Looking up, Prince Jake had his hand on top of his head as a few of his brothers were talking to him, maybe nagging him about how dangerous that situation could have been. 

Taking a glance at Niki, who was listening to the conversation without speaking, she pondered whether she should go up to him and thank him. Her brows pulled together. Nope. She will thank him later when there are lesser people. 

In that moment, a figure walked over towards her with the same blonde-haired vampire beside her. "Seulhyun!" Queen Haeyul called out, "Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" Worry written all over her face. 

The brunette smiled over her concern, "I'm all well, Your Highness." She bowed only to be held back by the queen who shook her head.  "No need the formalities." She told. 

Seulhyun looked at her, surprised. She didn't want to be addressed by her high status, why? Back in Ollyn, Princess Aene would throw a tantrum whenever a maid addresses her wrongly. She would press that everyone in the castle has to speak to her correctly- with her high title, Her Royal Highness. Yet the queen standing in front of her is telling her to drop the formalities with an earnest smile.  

"A-are you sure, My Queen?" The foreigner asked for confirmation and the queen nodded.

"Now, tell me, are you hurt anywhere?" She lifted Seulhyun's arms, checking for any bruises, "If you are, me and Eve can help you." She told. 

Seulhyun noticed Eve's face contorted as she stared at the queen, against her idea. So, she is Eve. She remembered her as the girl who called her an 'unmannered girl'. They didn't exactly have a great first encounter with each other. The brunette cleared her throat. "That's fine. Fortunately, I'm unharmed so there is no need for that." She assured. 

Queen Haeyul pouted, observing her again for the second time, afraid the girl was lying because she was too shy to admit it. After she was satisfied with her results, the queen stepped away from the brunette, humming. She glanced at Eve and Seulhyun. 

"Alright then, but Eve can you do me a favor and escort Seulhyun to her room to make sure she arrives there safely." She told, showing her white pearls as the blonde-haired vampire's face etched with betrayal. 

Silence erupted between the three of them as the queen and Eve shared a long eye contact with each other and it made the foreigner uncomfortable. "Actually-" 

"Fine." Eve cut her off, sighing in defeat. 
Queen Haeyul clapped her hands together, "Okay, I'll see the both of you later!" She began walking to the King. 

For a brief moment, Seulhyun and Eve made eye contact before the cold vampire exhaled. "Let's go." She spoke.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!💕💕

💕💕