Chapter 1. The Search for the Emerald Ring

As the story continues on with this journey after basil senses the lady's trouble about the missing emerald ring from her third finger, basil putted his brown detective coat back on and his hat on top of his head. "Follow Me!!" Basil shouted while running outside the door, dawson and the lady mouse ran their way to follow basil to solve this second problem, they went outside the door and basil sees the dog, toby still here. "Toby!!" Basil shouted like a warrior pro as he jumped and climbed his big blue dog leash to aboard himself. Toby sees the other 2 mice, but toby still glares at dawson since he doesn't even know dawson yet, so toby sighs in an annoyed way, lowers his body down for dawson to climb him up with a leash, the lady also climbs up toby too to follow along with them too.

"Toby, March For The Ring!!" Basil shouted as the dog aboard the 3 mice to find the ring that the lady lost, the case began, toby ran, the mice held on tight while sitting, while riding on toby. They've first went to the queen's palace to ask about the ring. This was basil's second time he's been in there before, toby stops by the main entrance, gets off toby, then he and the others find the queen to let her know about the ring from her third finger as they went inside the palace to look for her. As they walk through the hallway of the palace, they've asked the one of the guards where she is, so the guard guided them to the queen that basil saved from professor ratigan. So, they've found the queen, so basil walks up to the queen, she was surprised and unexpected him to be here but yet she's still happy for him since he saved her from ratigan.

"Oh, Mr. Basil!! I didn't expect you here. What brings you here to my palace?" The queen sprouted happily to the detective mouse as she was so happy that he saved her from the danger. Basil turns to the other two behind him to remember what happened with the lady in the second case, and then turns back to the queen. "So, madame, we are looking for the emerald ring from her third finger. Have you seen it?" Basil asked the queen, but the queen hasn't seen it as her answer to the detective mouse, but the queen knows that ratigan has a lot of jewelry in his hideout while I was kidnapped and ratigan was dressed in jewelry to become king. Basil was surprised because he didn't noticed all the jewelry that ratigan has in his own hideout, so basil asked the lady in green since when was the last time she lost her ring.

"Well, when it was still nighttime, I wasn't even paying attention to where I've placed my ring, I was washing my hands for the ring. But after that after I had to get the ring, but the ring was gone...I must've misplaced it somewhere else, I've looked and looked and looked...it was not there anymore, I was about to lose my mind since my ring was completely missing, unless someone must've stolen it...that's why I'm here for you, basil of baker street." The lady mouse has finished her explanation and sighs sadly, basil understood what she said about the ring, unless if ratigan was the one who had stolen the ring during the previous case, basil was a bit mad that what ratigan was doing, he must look into ratigan's hideout to see if the ring is still there. "Mr. Basil...Are you alright...??" The queen asked the detective in a confronted way, basil snapped out of it and turns his head to the queen, "Oh yes madame, I'm alright..." basil replied to the queen mouse, "I have to go look into his hideout."

So basil ran while his arm up in the air to the queen and shouted "You Take Care Now!!" his voice echoes faded away from the entrance. The 3 mice got back on toby's back, so basil convinces the dog to get to ratigan's hideout, so toby ran all the way through london to head to the sewers to find the hideout, minutes later, they've arrived above the sewers. Basil and the others got off toby, and basil convinces toby to stay put while they search in ratigan's hideout, the dog nodded his head as a yes as basil and 2 mice ran inside the sewers, 3 minutes later after arriving at his hideout, basil peeks inside but ratigan's not here anymore, he flashbacked the sewer rat falling off the big ben after the fight and basil won, basil smiles like he was glad that ratigan is finally gone. "Wait here..." basil told dawson and the lady to stay put as they nodded as a yes.

So basil walks inside the hideout to search everywhere for that ring, he now noticed the jewelry he had, has to be searched, so the detective scatterers the gems for that ring, while searching, one of the thugs was shocked to see basil in here, "HEY!!" The thug shouted at the detective which scared basil a bit, basil turns his head to the thug and was shocked also to slowly become a bit mad also, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?" The thug shouted first, basil stood up in anger, "What's it look like I'm doing!? I'm searching for the emerald ring that the lady lost from her third finger!!" basil shouted back, "Where is it!?!?" "The ring is not in those pile of jewels." The thug explained, "The ring you're searching for is in one of the drawers in ratigan's room, try searching in there instead." Basil walks into ratigan's room without a single word coming out of his mouth, the thug wonders why he was searching for that ring, or maybe he just wants to take it from them.

Meanwhile in ratigan's room, this was basil's first time he saw his room, so he began searching in one of the drawers where the ring was. The first drawer, the clothing ones, he searches each clothing drawer, but there's no ring here. He moves on to the next drawer, the night stands, he searches on the left as he opens it, and there it is. He picks up the ring and looks at it to see if this is the right one or not, "Is this what you're looking for?" Basil said in his head, so he places the ring in his right pocket and started leaving the room and his hideout. Dawson and the lady still outside finally saw basil coming, the lady gasped happily, basil pulls the ring out of his pocket and shows the ring to the lady mouse. "Is this what you're looking for, madame?" Basil asked her, she finally gasped happily that basil finally found the ring, "Oh my goodness, yes!! Thank you!!" She said happily as she grabs the ring from basil's open hand, "I'd better return home to place it somewhere safe!!" The lady ran all the way back to london. The case is finally over.

Hours later, they've returned back home, dawson gets back to finding the living quarters for himself to stay, so he saw an apartment building, he walks up enters the entrance, speaks to the assistant to which quarter room to stay, so the assistant leaded dawson to a room, the room is 206. Dawson thanks the assistant as he enters his own room, places his black coat and hat on the hang stand where they place hats on a standing object. Finally, his living quarter has been found, he sits on his chair to relax since it was a long case, the previous one was so long about ratigan, it was finally over, now he and basil doesn't have to deal with him anymore, so dawson relaxes in his own chair until tomorrow.