Chapter 13. Basil's Strictness

It was morning time, back in basil’s residence, the detective mouse still in his dark violet robe, coming out of his room, while rubbing his eyes to keep them open while trying his best to wake up, his bangs are still rough from what happened last night. Ms. Judson here notices the axe is being stuck on the ratigan picture still, so she does her best to pull it off by hand, once she tries harder, the axe finally came off the picture, she looks up to the damaged picture of ratigan, worried about the mess basil must’ve caused, she might blame him for that damage. Basil sits on the big red chair while holding his cup of coffee that he must’ve got to make him normally better, so he takes a sip of the coffee. Ms. Judson turns her head to basil as she heard the sip from him, “Oh, good morning mr. basil.” Said Ms. Judson nervously happily, basil points his pupils to Ms. Judson with her smiling expression, basil nods his head once to her as a response and continues his coffee.

Meanwhile outside of the residence, dawson and the others have decided to check on basil, but emma and olivia are nervous about him, so they’ve hid behind dawson from basil, from last night basil went crazy over ratigan’s return, they had a weird feeling this might happen again, dawson turns his head and looks and emma and olivia being nervously scared, dawson confronted them, “Everything will be alright y’all, it’s not gonna happen again, I'll handle this.” Dawson said and smiled to them, the 2 mouse girls stopped shaking, dawson turns back forward. Dawson knocks on the door, Ms. Judson opens the door and notices it’s him again, Ms. Judson was surprised it was him again, dawson tells judson he’s gonna check on basil, so Ms. Judson welcomes them, and then they went inside to see where basil is.

Olivia saw basil sitting on the chair while drinking his coffee, she now notices his rough bangs, maybe she thinks it was from last night, she felt a bit bad for basil, so she has her hairbrush on her hand right now, so she runs up to basil, gets the footstool, climbs up behind the red chair, and begins brushing basil’s bangs to make it smooth again. Basil felt the brush movement on his head, so he looks up to find out what it was and it was olivia, “Uh…Thank you miss flamber—” Basil was about to say her last name wrong but olivia interrupted him by correcting him, “Flaversham…” “Ehh…Whatever…” basil spoke again as a response. So basil continues his coffee, and olivia continues her brushing on him. Dawson, Hiram, and Emma looks at the tiny damages, as they’ve saw that the axe is gone but left that scar on the ratigan picture.

So emma takes a wander around inside the residence to see what’s going on around here, such as looking at his stuff, his property, especially his damaged bullets. So she takes a closer look at the 2 mismatched bullets, in the dark violet box which is like a tiny coffin for the bullets, she takes one out to get a closer look at one, that bullet was a bit damaged, “Why is this have damage, it’s just my bullet…” emma said in her head, basil turns and looks at emma, his eyes became wide, he became shocked, so he sets his coffee down, rushes to emma to stop her because he thinks she might break them. “Hey!!” Basil shouted to emma frustratingly which made emma jump and see basil running up to her, “What Do You Think You’re Doing!?” Basil snapped and snatches the bullet right out of her hand and gently places the bullet back in the small box. “It’s only a bullet, what’s the big deal!?” Emma spoke to basil, but basil didn’t respond.

So emma decides to leave the bullets alone, and then takes another look around, but then she sees basil’s violin, before she was about to touch the violin, she turns her head to see and make sure basil’s not looking, so she grabs the violin slowly, and takes a look closely, her pupils became huge and sparkly, her expression and impressed and surprised at the same time, she feels the smoothness around the violin, polished and shiny. After that, basil sees emma again, he gasps in frustration shock, feels like she might break the violin just like olivia that made him break it, so he rushes up to emma and then takes the violin from emma. Emma was speechless and does not know what to say, basil looks at emma angerly but silently, emma walks and wanders again. Basil took a deep breath to calm himself down.

After she wanders and takes a look around one more time, she saw the magnifying glass lying there on the dresser on the other room, she walks up to it, grabs it slowly. As she took a closer look at the magnifying glass, she thought back she wanted to be a detective too when she was a kid back then, after the thought, she smiles at the magnifying glass, so she plays with it and acts like a detective unlike basil though. Until then, basil walks into the other room where emma came first, and then he saw in shock, emma looking at the magnifying glass, basil is frustrated about what emma’s been doing right now, he rushes and takes the magnifying glass from emma, “This Is Not A Toy!!” Basil snapped again, “Stop Messing With My Property!!” Basil starts to go crazy again, emma was speechless, so she runs from the other room to mind her own business, she was a bit confused and shocked.

Basil tries calming himself down again by taking a deep breath, “What’s going on…” basil said quietly in his mind, “That girl is making me crazy…” basil was silently breathing to get his sanity back up, while facing down to the ground, the magnifying glass was about to fall from his hand. Meanwhile back with dawson, emma ran beside him, and stood there and watches the other room where basil is before her. Dawson looks at emma confusingly, emma’s cold tiny pupils moves and points to dawson, “Does basil act like this all the time??” Emma asks dawson what basil’s been doing after she’s been witnessing his bossy intense behavior, “Maybe he does…” dawson responded, emma doesn't like that bossy behavior from basil, olivia sees emma and dawson like something seems off a bit, so she runs up to them about basil, “Not to mention, emma…” olivia was gonna tell emma another thing about basil.

“What is is, flaversham??” Emma waits for olivia to say something about him, “Not to mention he keeps mispronouncing my last name, I keep correcting him it is “Flaversham”, but he keeps doing it anyway.” Olivia explained to emma, emma will help olivia defend her last name correctly to basil and be on her’s and dawson’s side, “I’ll help you out, Ms. Flaversham.” Emma responded to olivia with her correct last name, olivia smiles and thanks emma for that request emma has for herself, and decides to do for olivia, “No problem, flaversham!!” Emma said as she smiles to olivia and gave her a thumbs up as she is now on dawson’s and olivia’s side.