Chapter 6. The New Member

Meanwhile with basil and the others, his eyes were closed as he was asleep while standing, olivia and fidget still waits for dawson to come back, until then, their eyes point straight after they hear footsteps on the sidewalk, and it was dawson. Olivia gasps happily that dawson returns and basil opens his eyes slowly, woke up, and snapped out from his sleep, “Took you long enough…” basil says in a tired way. but then, there was emma as welp. “Wait…” basil said in his mind, shockingly confused. But hiram, olivia and fidget wonders who that girl is right next to him, “Say dawson, who is that girl next to you??” Hiram asks and wonders dawson, wanting to know who she is, “Oh, Her??” Dawson gave hiram and pointed his head to emma as an option, and then turns his head back to hiram and began to introduce emma to them.

“Guys, this is emma, my childhood friend.” Dawson introduces emma to hiram, “I've met her before you and basil.” Basil still hasn't known about her yet, but yet still struggles and shocked of what dawson had said to hiram, “That's amazing!!” Hiram exclaimed to dawson so it's now his turn to introduce himself, “I'm hiram, hiram flaversham, but this gang could call me “hiram”, and I was a toymaker.” Hiram introduced himself to emma, “It's really nice to meet you emma.” Hiram greeted to emma. Emma turns her head to olivia and fidget, but she was shocked about fidget, she was about to attack fidget since he was previously one of ratigan's minions, so dawson stops emma by grabbing her wrist gently, emma turns her head to dawson, “What…!?” Basil said in his mind shockingly, but frustrated.
“He's no longer the bad guy, emma…” dawson told emma, so he releases her wrists, so she continues on meeting the others, so as for olivia flaversham, “So what's your name, little bean??” Emma says to olivia like olivia's the baby as she bends over to olivia, “Uh…Flaversham, Olivia Flaversham…!!” Emma wonders why the little mouse girl has the same last name as hiram's, emma turns her head to hiram, “Olivia's my daughter, she's my sweet kid.” Hiram explained to emma, so emma gasps happily, but wait…about the flaversham mother…”Where's the mother of the flaversham??” Emma asks hiram and olivia, wonders coldly. Olivia sadly looks at her father. Hiram looks at olivia sadly too, so he turns his head back to emma, shakes his head as a no as they don't have a mother, emma gasps shocked quietly, so she turns her head away as she feels sorry for them.

“Anyways…” Dawson skips their losses, “Welcome to our gang, emma!!” Emma was excitingly happy that she joined them, but there's one more adult left that she hasn't met yet, “Wait a minute, you said there 2 adults here in this gang, right…??” Emma wonders dawson, Dawson turns his head to emma and realizes about basil. “Oh, right…we do…!!” Dawson said to emma, basil walks up to dawson and emma to discover who she is, dawson looks at basil, and emma looked at him too, but was a bit nervous of how the way basil looks at her, in a disappointed way, “Hey, basil…this is emma, my childhood friend. We've met before you…!!” Dawson introduced her to basil, but basil was speechless and still disappointed because he's not ready to get used to her yet, “Basil…??” Dawson wonders what's wrong, but basil is still speechless.

Basil walks closely to emma, but emma became a bit scared about what basil's trying to do to her, basil bends over a bit to look closer, emma was short, but she's 26 years old. Basil still studies emma as he moves his eyes up and down to her. Emma was still nervous, her heart was beating fast, and she sweats a bit because of how she was nervous. Olivia, fidget, and hiram were confused of what basil's doing to emma, they seemed to wonder if basil seems to be off lately, “What's going on with basil…??” Olivia whispers, fidget shrugged his wings as he doesn't know. Back to basil and emma, as basil continues studying emma, he finally stops, “She's fine.” Basil spoke to his gang, he walks away from emma, emma sighs of relief, “What was that…!?” Emma said quietly in a nervous way.

Dawson looks at basil, worrying about him, so he walks up to him to confront him. “Basil…??” Dawson said to basil while running up to him, basil stops walking, turns his head and looks at dawson in a disappointed way, “yeah dawson…??” Basil spoke to dawson, “You…Seemed off here…” dawson said nervously to basil, “what's going on with you…!?” basil looks up without thinking, and then looks at dawson again, “Yes dawson…I'm alright, I'm a little carried away…” Basil told dawson. Dawson was speechless and worried about basil still, “I'm just a bit tired now…” basil said again, the others looked worried about basil, including emma. Hiram was worried about him too, olivia and fidget wrapped their arms to each other, while looking at basil, worried as welp, speechless. Basil started walking away from the others, “Tell the girl about ratigan.” Basil told dawson without looking at him, and then continues walking away.

Emma heard basil saying the word “Ratigan” through her ear, she gasps and started angry a bit to think ratigan is still here and alive as she lifts her both fists in front of her as she's ready to fight him again. Dawson walks up to the others especially emma, so he began to let them know, but emma interrupted dawson before he speaks, “Ratigan's alive isn't he!? Oh, I'm so ready to fight him now!!” Emma said angerly about ratigan as her fists are ready to take him down, but dawson stopped emma and told her that didn't happen, so he told emma about ratigan not returning because of that clock tower, she lowers her fists and calms them down, her eyes are back to normal. “Are you for real!?” Emma wonders if dawson is serious and what is true about it, dawson told her yes, emma sighs of relief, happily, as she can finally live peace without having to deal with him anymore.

“Anyways, welcome to the gang, emma!!” Dawson welcomes emma, “Thank you dawson!!” Emma exclaimed happily as she began to join the gang as a new member basil's gang, so they walked together, somewhere…