Chapter 11. The Mouse Entity

Meanwhile back in basil’s residence, the fire inside the fireplace is still running, the axe is still stuck on the ratigan picture, the shattered glass still lies there on the floor near the fireplace after being shattered from the picture frame. Basil pants in a low breath after having an aggressive reaction about ratigan, speechless while still standing there panting low, his eyes are back to normal. Yet, he’s still aggressive, his fists are still tight as he wants to beat him so bad. “I thought you're gone for good, ratigan…” Said basil aggressively calm and quietly. He continues on panting low, his teeth are shown angerly, he holds his fists tightly still, everything is quiet inside the residence, the cheese crumpets are still sitting there on the table, waiting for any mouse to come eat them still. Until then, he hears the footsteps of Ms. Judson coming from the other room, as he walks closer to the living room, and here she is.

After Ms. Judson arrived at the living room check on everything in here, she looks around, but no one except basil is here anymore, “Seems that they've left already…” said Ms. Judson as she looks around while moving her head around, until she notices the shattered glass lying there on the floor, next to basil. She gasps in shock a bit, runs up to and next to basil, and then starts picking up every a few glass pieces with her hand to clean it up. As she cleans and picks up the shattered glass pieces off from the floor, she went finished after that, but then notices basil feeling off quietly, she starts to feel worried and wonders what’s wrong with basil. She walks to the trash can, throws the broken glass pieces into the trash can, and then walks back up to basil to see what is wrong with him. “Basil…??” Said Ms. Judson softly, as she begins to touch basil’s shoulder, but his voice stopped her, in a calm and frustrated tone.

“I’m fine Ms. Judson…” Ms. Judson stops by pausing her hand and slowly pulls it back to her, her expression became more worried, she turns her head left, right, and then back to basil, “Do you know where emma and the others are…??” Ms. Judson spoke her question out, “They left…Judson…” basil answered in a quiet frustrating tone. “Is there something wrong, Mr. Basil…??” Ms. Judson spoke out another question for basil, basil sighs frustrately and doesn't feel like wanting to answer for Ms. Judson, “Like I said Ms. Judson…I’m fine…” said basil in a calm, quiet but still frustrating tone, “You can go now…” Ms. Judson’s expression is still worried about basil feeling that way, so she slowly walks backwards, and then walks foward in a normal speed of how she walks, she walks out of the living room, looks at basil with her worried expression one last time, and then exits the living room.

Now that basil is alone in the living room again, he continues on staring at the broken ratigan picture with the axe stuck in it, with a silent angry expression on himself, he breathes heavily with his nose this time. But after that, the fire from the fireplace fades away, and the lamp beside the big red chair, the light fades off, every light fades away in their lamps and turns off by itselves, and everything became dark inside the living room, basil’s eyes became wide as a shocking expression, he looks around the dark living room, “hello…!?” Basil said in a confusing and shocking tone, he continues on with looking around with his head, after that, the fire spawns in the fireplace, but the color changed the fire to green, basil turns his head and looks at the green fire with a shocking and confusing expression, every lights turn back on in their lamps one by one with the green color, shining into the living room.

Basil was speechless and breathes low shockingly after seeing the lights turn back on differently, until then, he hears a mysterious male echoey maniacal laugh, basil looks around with his head to find where that laugh came from. “Who’s there!?” Basil spoke and wonders if someone is here, the laugh is heard again, so basil continues looking and wandering out investigating, still wondering where’d that laugh is coming from. “I-Is someone here!?” Basil stutters in a nervous and frustrating tone, the laugh spoke again, basil rushes to his gun, grabs it quickly, and then points it out to where the echoey laugh is coming from, his body now shakes nervously and so does his arms holding the gun, he tries his best to defend himself. “Whoever's there…!!” Basil said nervously, “Show Yourself!!” He spoke loudly now, he breathes heavily now and begins to go crazy a bit.

The echoing laugh starts getting closer and closer, basil rapidly breathes shockingly while holding the gun out still, his body continues on shaking, he closes his eyes tightly to make sure this is all in his head. Until then, the male edgy voice spoke out behind him, “Basil!!” Basil screamed in fear and jumped forward, and then hits his body on the ground, the gun has been released from his hand while lying on the ground with basil, a few seconds later, basil slowly gets up from laying on the floor but yet still sitting, trying not to feel pain from the short fall, he slowly opens his eyes, moves his pupils around and then sees a mysterious grey mouse with a white muzzle and inner ears, with a black hooded shirt with long ripped sleeves, black pants, and a black damaged cape. Basil’s eyes became wide and his pupils shrunk tiny of how shocked he became, he screamed a bit in fear, grabs the gun again, and then points it at the grey mouse.

“Do you really think that’s gonna defend you??” Said the mysterious grey mouse, his eyes are covered by shadows, he smiles maniacally, “Lower your gun so we could talk.” “Ok, Ok…” Basil spoke out in a scared tone, “J-Just don’t hurt me!!” Basil slowly lowers his gun, he breathes low in a nervous way, the grey mouse still smiles maniacally, the shadow still covers his eyes, waiting for basil to speak again. “Who are you…??” Basil spoke nervously to the grey mouse, the grey mouse chuckles to basil, “Oh I’m glad you asked.” Said the grey mouse, “Let’s just say I am…” the shadows fade away to uncover the eyes, the grey mouse appears with white eyes and edgy black pupils, “Ariolan!!” The grey mouse spoke his own name out and introduces himself to basil. Basil is still speechless, “Ariolan…??” Basil begins to remember his name, his pupils are still tiny, “How did you even know mine anyway!?” Basil spoke and asks how ariolan knew.

Ariolan chuckles to basil again, “I'm glad you’ve asked again…” “I’ve heard so much about what happened.” Ariolan begins to explain more to basil, basil is still speechless, so he decides to allow the grey mouse to continue talking. “You’ve made your own friends witness you, they’ve witnessed your insanity.” Basil let’s out a voiceless breath out a word in agony, “what…!?” “That’s right, your own insanity!! Only because of that sewer rat of your childhood enemy.” Ariolan mentioned basil about ratigan, basil tries to keep his anger into control, “You’ve been trying to capture him for years until you’ve done it in your adulthood.” “And as for your friends, dawson and hiram.” Ariolan mentioned basil about his friends, “You’ve scared them off.” basil became shocked and wonders how ariolan knew about them, “And of course, your intense and bossy behavior.” Ariolan spoke and mentioned basil again.

“How did you know all of this!?” Basil spoke in a frustrating tone, “Who even are you anyway!?” Ariolan smiles, and allows himself to tell basil who he actually is, “I am ariolan, the mouse entity that’s been controlling you the whole time.” Basil became shocked from what he has heard what ariolan has said, “W-What…!?” Basil spoke in a cold, nervous voice “What are you even talking about!?” Ariolan smiles maniacally to basil again, “Which means I’ve been inside your head this entire time!!” Ariolan’s eyes turn black and his pupils glows green, basil gasps in fear of what he just witness, the green mist starts moving around circles intensely around basil and ariolan, basil looks around the mist and turns back to ariolan, basil breathes heavily, ariolan maniacally laughs with the echoes coming through, basil screams in agony from ariolan.

Until then, the green mist disappears, the lights especially the fire turns back to their normal colors, ariolan has disappeared as welp. Basil still covers his eyes, everything became quiet in the living room again, as basil hears nothing, he slowly uncovers his eyes as he opens his eyes, moves his pupils around one more time, he lowers his arms normally, he breathes nervously, his head bangs looked roughed up, his pupils are still tiny of how much what he had just witness, he thinks back about what happened minutes ago, he keeps thinking all of those were just in his head. And so, Ms. Judson came into the living room again to check on everything especially basil, since she heard some agonies from basil, she now notices basil and his messed up head bangs, “Was everything alright, basil??” Ms. Judson wonders basil, basil was speechless for seconds, “I think I should head to bed now…” basil responded to Ms. Judson and then walks up to his room to get some rest due to what he had just witnessed.