Chapter 12. Checking On Ratigan

At night at the hideout of professor ratigan, inside, the mouse thugs were busy, minding their own businesses, especially felicia outside the hideout. Ratigan, in his bedroom, which is the same room where basil was searching for the ring, his eyes were closed, the white bandages around him are still on him, ratigan still waits for the injuries to go away so he could get the bandages off himself and be healed, resting in sleep. Until then, he hears 3 knocks on his door which causes him to wake up, he moans for a bit after his sleep was interrupted, instead of telling them off, he lets them in the room to check on him. It was one of the mouse thugs, “Hey, you alright there??” Says the mouse thug in a gentle tone from feeling ratigan’s fall, “I’m alright…just waiting for the pain to go away after that big ben fight…” Ratigan moaned from the pain after the respond.

The thug thought back about ratigan’s big king plan failed caused by basil, the thug was frustrated over what basil did. A few of his jewelry is still downstairs of his hideout, then he thought the emerald ring which that lady had lost is still in the drawer, just to save it for ratigan’s king plan before the failure. The thug walks to the drawer to the right side, opens the drawer, but then he noticed that the ring was missing, he had a shocking expression on his face after noticing the missing ring, “Something wrong…??” Ratigan asked after he heard a quiet gasp from the thug, the thug was a bit nervous to explain, so he had no choice but to let it out, he takes a deep breath and speaks out the answer in an honest way, but instead of an honest tone, he goes in a nervous tone, “I’m afraid the ring is not here anymore.”

“What!?” Ratigan said with a staggered tone and expression from his reaction of what the thug told him, “How Did That Happen!?” The thug was about to explain the reason for ratigan’s outraged question but then he paused, thought back about basil, and then continues on the what he’s about to say, “If I didn’t have told where that ring was, he would’ve attacked me or anyother thug.” The thug said in a horrified tone and a nervous expression, ratigan was speechless for a moment, until he said quietly but still staggered tone, “So…basil was the one that took the ring…” the mouse thug was nervously speechless so he tries to think of an explanation why. “And You Let Him!?!?” Ratigan shouted staggeringly, the thug took a deep breath again to explain, “To tell you the truth, Like I said before, boss.” “Come On, I'm waiting.” Said the injured outraged rat, waiting for him to speak up.

“That pesky detective would've attacked me if I didn't tell him where the ring was.” the thug spoke it out, ratigan had a confusing but outraged expression, “Attack…??” Ratigan said with single clue thought, “What must you think he’ll attack…??” he asked, “He’s too pathetic to attack.” The thug explains that clue even though he was nervous to do it, “Me neither the others never seen him act like this before.” Ratigan’s expression starts a suspicious look, looking like there’s something suspicious around. “There's no way he would try to fight back like that…” said ratigan, “Why would he be like that?? Even though we’re his tough enemies.” “Yeah…anyways, about the ring, I think he must’ve returned it to the lady we’ve stole the ring from 3 months ago while you were unconscious.” The thug mouse explained to ratigan.

“Welp…Guess that explains a lot why the ring was missing…” said ratigan “But Still, You’ve should’ve fought back!!” “We would’ve but the way if he’d attack me or us like in a wrong, twisted way, we didn’t wanna do that.” The thug responded to ratigan, “That makes sense now…” said ratigan in a calm tone, “Suspiciousness…” ratigan spoke one word out, the thug looks around the bandages that’s been on ratigan, “Anyways, I was coming here to check on you just to see if you’re ok.” Said the thug, until he pulls out some wrapped pink flowers and a “get well soon!!” paper, ratigan turns his head towards the thug while holding those things for him, “Thanks, I suppose…” said ratigan with a calm voice, he turns his head back straight, but the pupils stays pointing directly at the thug.

“Now then…” said ratigan, “Now find me something to cure me so I can get those bandages off me!!” Ratigan said in a normal volume tone “And Also, Go check on felicia as welp!!” The thug does the soldier agreement pose as he agrees and reminds himself from what ratigan said to him, so he closes the door after exiting the room, now it’s just ratigan alone in his room again, so he turns his head straight, and then slowly up and stops, points his pupils to the ceiling. While looking at the ceiling, he thinks of what that thug had said about basil, “There’s no way that detective would ever be tougher than me…” Ratigan said in his head, “Was it because of my criminal mind…??” He thought again until the big ben flashback, and then tyrone’s voice echoes through the flashback, “the more fights at the big ben, the more injuries you get even worse.” Tyrone's words echoed in ratigan’s head.

Ratigan’s eyes widened quickly after the flashback ended, he shook his head to forget that flashback, “There must be another way…” Ratigan said to himself, “And yet I still need the cure to make me better again…!!” Ratigan turns his head to the door and waits for the mouse thug to come back with the cure ratigan wanted, so he waits on for him to return to his room.