Chapter 14. Basil's Anxiety

A few hours later, emma is back to her own home, her bedroom has LED lights hanging on the ceiling, her bed was fluffy, her room was fully tidy like always. Emma is now in her bedroom, watching outside the window to look at the view of mousedom outside, shining lamps on, a few window lights on, a few mouse people outside walking and passing by, especially the big ben that she could see in the distance. However tho, as emma still watches the window, she began thinking about basil, the basil she thinks about is something mentally wrong with basil, and why he’s been acting so strange lately. Until she flashbacks the magnifying glass she had discovered back when she was looking at basil’s stuff inside his residence. Emma kept on thinking she feels like a detective unlike basil, maybe she could be one someday.

She thinks about how intense basil behaves, the strictness, the insanity basil has on himself. Emma doesn't want to let basil continue the mad strictness on her or her friends, so, she finds a way to stop basil's strictness, by pushing his limit over when he’s not home. Emma thinks up a plan when basil isn't home, whenever he goes on another case, emma would sneak into his house and continue what she's been trying to do to his stuff. She was too curious about his stuff which are important to basil, being a detective was her only dream she could have. So emma continues the view watching in mousedom, seeing a few mice walking around the london in their town, so, she keeps her idea in her head until the day when basil isn't home. So emma closes the blind curtains, turns off her bedroom light, and gets herself onto bed for the next day for her idea plan.

Meanwhile back with basil, he is in his own bedroom in his residence, sitting on the side of the bed, silently trying to calm himself down after his own strictness. It feels mentally wrong for him, basil's eyes are wide open, while having anxiety, his pupils were shrunk tiny, his both hands are together while his 2 thumbs stick up, his ears were down, he had nothing to say. The room is silent, and dark. He tries to calm himself down before his intenseness did it again. He was breathing silently and deeply, the echoes of the voices came into his head, basil didn't react, his expression still sits there and lets the random voices echo through his head, while his mind hear out those words and his name say stuff about his mental wrongdoing.

Until now, the entity grey mouse, ariolan, fadingly appears behind basil, watching basil having anxiety, ariolan smirks from his own reaction to basil. “So…” ariolan said in a smirky tone, “You went wrong again didn’t you…??” Basil heard ariolan's tone of voice by now, he turned his head to the grey mouse entity with his anxious expression that's been staying in him before. “Why…??” Basil said in a quiet, anxious tone to ariolan, “Why did you have to make me do this, why did you have to make this wrong again…??” Ariolan was silent, smiling with his sharp teeth, but didn't want to tell him about his mental issue early. Ariolan decides to tell what it's like to have the insanity curse.

“Oh dear basil…” Ariolan said calmly to basil, “We know what it's like to have that curse I had on you…” basil was speechless about what ariolan said, his expression was shocked, “There was no way to stop this curse you've got.” Ariolan said to basil, “W-wha-…!?” Basil stutters to respond, “What do you m-mean…??” The grey mouse laughs quietly, “Oh basil, where do I begin…??” “What do I mean…” Ariolan repeats basil's question like an answer. “Sometimes, Insanity is better without happiness…” basil had no words, the words had been heard by basil, basil was already shocked before, his head slowly turns down, he slowly breathes silently and anxious.

“Now, you’ve got what I've said??” Ariolan says to basil now, basil turns his tiny pupils to the grey mouse, but didn’t shake his head as a yes. “Good…” ariolan responds to basil's silent answer as a yes, “Mental issues can get you very easily, just like your low sanity.” poor basil, still speechless and deeply breathes still, the random voices echoes in basil's head again, his heart begin to beat fast. “That can't be right…” basil said in his mind, “There has to be a way to stop this curse on me…” basil looks around rapidly while starts to breathe anxious and heavily, finding his own way to stop this anxiety for himself. He sees the orange jar of pills that says “Anti-Insanity Pills”, the jar’s been sitting on top of the dresser next to basil's bed.

So basil runs up to the jar, as basil grabs the jar and is about to open the lid to take a pill to heal him, but ariolan interrupted basil from doing that. “You heard what I said, basil.” Ariolan said while grabbing both of basil's wrists. The jar still sits there after basil tried to open it, basil’s anxiety is still going. “Now then…” said the grey mouse, releasing basil's hands free, “See you next day, basil of baker street.” Ariolan said as a farewell, slowly vanishes with green horror mist. He’s gone, the echoing voices are no longer in basil's head, everything in his room is quiet, and silent. Basil looks at the jar again, so he rushes to jar, grabs the lid open, takes 2 pills on his hand, puts them in his mouth, swallows them and waits for them to cure him. “I'm sorry dawson…” basil said depressingly quiet, he gets back on bed, and lies down, and slowly takes his time to sleep for his anxiety to go away.