Chapter 4. The Gang's All Here

It was daytime, basil, while wearing his old violet robe, steps out of his door, closes it and then takes his walk, while humming his random tune, since his second case of the emerald ring for the lady has finished. Basil continues walking and humming for minutes for the break from being a detective since the previous one has been gone, he was suddenly happy that ratigan's finally gone and defeated, he and everyone in london can live peace without having to deal with that sewer rat anymore, today was a normal day for him this time, so he inhales the air in with his nose, and then exhales the air out and smiles more. He was finally glad, that sewer rat is finally gone and made sure ratigan doesn't come back, the breeze blew through the robe cape during a walk, basil smiles more as the sun shines through london, so basil continued walking and humming at the same time in peace.

Meanwhile with dawson, he grabs the black coat and hat on his body and then he suddenly notices the recent newspaper from the indoor mailbox, so he grabs the newspaper, puts it into the right pocket, and then walks out of the door from the living quarters and decided to take a walk through london too. “Fresh air, blue sky…Bright Sun…” Said dawson while looking at the sky and smiles, so he continues walking through the sidewalk near the tall lamps. It's been 3 months, since the case has been over and has been seen basil during the case. The newspaper that he hasn't noticed was recent that said “The world's greatest criminal mind, “Ratigan” has officially awakening and has returned to his hideout!!” So dawson pulls out the newspaper from his pocket, opens it up and reads through the words and pictures in the papers as he continues on walking straight without looking, but ignores the ratigan part.

Meanwhile back with basil, in the cafe, basil waits for his coffee to make him more better, as he sits at the table while waiting for the coffee to arrive, he turns his head to the window to watch the view, nothing bad happening 3 months now, the detective mouse smiles to himself as he finally gets to have some peace. The bell on top of the door moving rang through basil's ear, so he turns his head to who is was and it was dawson, basil didn't expect him to come here after him, dawson turns his head to basil and didn't expect him here either. “Basil!?” Dawson spoke out in an unexpected way, “Dawson!?” Basil spoke unexpectedly back, they stare at each other, while unexpectedly shocked to each other, “I-I wasn't expecting you to be here after me…” Basil stuttered to dawson, “M-me neither…” Dawson stuttered back.

Dawson walks up to basil's table, sits on the chair, unrolls the newspaper, and continues on reading. As dawson continues on reading the news, basil looks at dawson but the newspaper is blocking his face, so basil looks at the newspaper, but basil thought he sees something odd, the front of the newspaper was a black and white picture of ratigan and says on top of the picture is that ratigan has officially been recovered and returned to his hideout, basil's heart beated fast, “Ratigan's not really returning, i-is he…!?” Basil spoke out to dawson in a nervous and frustrated way while smiles nervously, Dawson paused the news reading and looks at basil with a questioned look on his face, dawson was speechless for 12 seconds, “Welp, since you've won fighting ratigan…I could say he's not really returning…”

Dawson answered basil's strange question and spoke straightly, basil sighs of relief, his heart slowed down to normal. “We’ll make sure what the news is saying about ratigan is not true.” Basil smiles to himself about that, so dawson continues reading the newspaper while waiting for the coffee as welp. “Basil…” Dawson spoke his name after what he thought, “Yeah dawson??” Basil spoke out without looking at dawson, but only watching outside of the window. “Are you feeling alright…?? You seemed off here…” Dawson had a questioned look again to basil. Basil looks at dawson after he snapping out of it, “Oh! Oh yeah, yeah…I'm fine dawson…” Said basil, putting his both hands together in a crossed way. The waiter mouse walks up to basil and dawson while carrying the coffee but close to basil, “Here's your coffee, sir.” Said the waiter as he puts the cup filled with coffee in it.

“Oh, thank you!!” Basil spoke to the waiter back, so he grabs the cup handle, lifts it up, and drinks it. His eyes were wide open again, he now finds the coffee taste really good, so he drinks it again and then goes back to watching the window, and as for dawson, he continues looking at the newspaper. Everything peaceful with basil and dawson, the newspaper might be right about ratigan's return, but they still ignored it as they continue their peace in the cafe since it's been 3 months now, a few hours later, they were ready to leave the cafe. So basil and dawson opens the cafe door, went outside, closes the door, and began walking through london again. “I see you've finally found your living quarter.” Basil said to dawson, dawson turns his head to basil while walking, “Oh!! Oh yeah, that's right, I really did. Dawson realized to basil after he almost forgot.

Meanwhile with hiram and olivia along with fidget, walking all three together as welp, going somewhere around london again, olivia and fidget looks at each other for couple seconds and then turns their heads back straight to pay attention to, meanwhile with basil and dawson again, they continue walking around london for somewhere as welp, until then, they all stopped and saw each other, olivia gasps happily “Dawson!!” as she ran to dawson and hugged him, “Olivia, hi there!!” Dawson smiled to her back, and so does basil, as they've reunited with each other again since it's been 3 months since hiram and olivia we're on a train. Fidget peeks out behind hiram and smiles to them, but as for basil and dawson, they looked at fidget and became shocked, “Fidget!?” They both shouted shockingly, so basil lifts his arm straight for dawson and olivia to stay.

“I've Got This!!” Basil said angerly and starts running up to fidget to attack him, olivia was shocked so she got down on the sidewalk and ran to fidget to save him, “Olivia!!” Dawson said while scared tried to stop her from going near fidget, fidget hides behind hiram and he was shocked too. After basil was about to attack fidget, olivia blocks him in the way, “Stop!!” Olivia said to basil as she stands in basil’s way while protecting fidget, basil stopped and had a questioned look on his face as he doesn't know what's going on, “What…!?” Basil said quietly, Hiram walks up to basil to protect fidget as welp, “She's right basil, fidget changed.” Hiram said to basil, “Wh-What are y'all talking about!?” Basil said frustratingly. “Don't you see, fidget has changed, he's no longer the bad guy anymore, fidget told us everything.”

Basil lowers his arms slowly, calms his fists, and letted them continue on, “Go on…I'm waiting…” Basil said to hiram calmly. “Fidget told us ratigan betrayed fidget, so he changed and apologized to us.” Hiram continued explaining, basil looks at fidget and said calmly “Is it true, fidget??” “Yes, it's true, ratigan betrayed me as welp, he tried to attack me as welp!!” Fidget said to basil, dawson now knows fidget is now good as his eyes are wide open. Basil stuttered to agree so he tries, but he sighs, gave himself up, and finally agreed with them, “Fine…you win…” Olivia and fidget gasped happily to each other and hugged each other, hiram smiles and so does dawson, “Just y'all know ratigan is never returning.” Basil explained to the others, olivia gasps and said “Wait really!?” Basil nodded his head and said “yes…” The gang's all here happy, happy as they reunited and ratigan not returning.