Chapter 8. Emma's First Visit

Meanwhile in basil’s residence, basil sits on the big red chair sideways like he always does, while playing his violin, while relaxing happily when it's peaceful here. As for ms. judson, her cheese crumpets has finished baking, so judson brings the crumpets while holding the circle tray with her 2 oven mitts, boy are they hot…she takes the crumpets to the kitchen table and is about to serve them perfectly, but, as she was about to serve the crumpets, she heard the door knocking, she pauses what she’s doing and starts to go investigate whoever’s knocking the door. “Heh, someone must be here for another case…” Basil scoffed as he paused his violin moment, “Oh basil, there's nothing to be hasty about it…” said ms. judson while looking at basil in a confronting way, basil is a bit speechless for a moment, so he continues on with his violin thing.

Ms. Judson walks closely to the door, turns the knob, and then opens the door slowly, and it was dawson and the others. Ms. Judson was surprised that they're here again, “Oh!!” Surprised Ms. Judson, “Welcome back, Mr. Dawson, I see you've brought others with you, please, come in!!” Ms. Judson leads them inside the residence, so they walked inside the residence to see basil or for dawson to show emma another home tour. Emma looks around inside and says in her mind, “Woah, so this must be basil's place hiram was talking about…” Emma echoes in her head in her half whispery voice while looking around still instead of looking where she's going. Ms. Judson, after leading the them inside, she now notices emma for the first time, she was a bit surprised about her being new here in this residence, “Say…” Judson spoke about the new guest, “Who is that girl with y'all?? looks like we have a new guest here.” Judson asked and said happily as she noticed and expected a new guest here.

Dawson looks at emma for 3 seconds and then turns back to Ms. Judson, emma walks up to judson and introduced herself, “Hello there, I’m emma, Dawson's childhood friend.” Ms. Judson pleaded to meet emma, “And I’m also the new member of dawson's crew.” Emma spoke as she remembered who she was now, emma’s voice rang into basil's ear, his ear twitched, but then, he stops his violin moment in a shocking expression, and his violin screeched again, as he realizes emma’s here too. The crew didn't hear the violin stopped by basil, they continued on greeting with Ms. Judson, “This is basil's residence, he he lives here on his own, but I'm always here just in case if you or he needs something.” Ms. Judson explained, “He's also a detective, whenever you're here for the case, he can solve any problem case you have for him.”.

Basil continues on watching emma along with dawson and the others, while speechless. “Oh, and another thing…” Ms. Judson said to the crew, “It's a warning…” Dawson, emma, and others looked confused for a second with their confused expressions. “A warning…??” Said emma confusingly to Ms. Judson, basil was speechless still and was a bit shocked about what warning Ms. Judson is about to give them. “Be careful with basil…” Judson spoke and began to explain the warning, “He has mental problems, he acts stressy and bossy around.” Ms. Judson continued the warning, “Everytime whenever something negative happens around with him, he gets mental breakdowns.” Emma's eyes are slowly wiser of what warning Ms. Judson gave her and them. “Woah…” emma said quietly and suprised.

Dawson and the others continued their tour in basil’s residence, basil slowly continues his violin and tries his best to forget about the warning. Dawson leads the others to the to the start point which is the kitchen and dining room, “This must be the dining room and the kitchen.” Dawson explains and teaches emma, “This is where we make or cook anything like that.” Emma was so impressed but finds the kitchen a bit small, but the residence had said it, but still she's impressed. Dawson leads emma to the next area, the area where basil jumps out and opens the door rapidly while in the chinese grey mouse suit, 3 months ago. “This must be the other room where basil pops out rapidly while in that chinese grey mouse suit.” Dawson explains to emma, emma was surprised which made her wonder why basil had to do that. “Wait, I wonder why he would do that in a rapidly way…” emma says and wonders to herself.

Dawson chuckled of what emma says and moves on to the next area, but, however tho…the upstairs, is basil's room, dawson doubts he would lead her up there. So he decides not to go up there nor bring emma there either, instead, moves on to the next area, the living room where the main entrance and where basil is, while sitting on a red chair, while playing his violin moment. Dawson looks at basil deeps down as he knows him very well, so he sighs deeply, turns his head to emma as he’ll be there for her if she meets basil for the second time, “Emma…” Dawson spoke to emma, emma turns her head to dawson after she heard him say her name, “This is the living room, that's where the main entrance is, the one we’ve just entered. Emma looks around the living room such as the fireplace, the chairs, those framed pictures, especially the newspaper that says about basil saving the queen of mousedom, on top of the shelf of the fireplace.

Emma was so impressed of how the living room looked and how she first saw, she smiles to dawson about the living room. Dawson smiles to her back, except there’s only one thing she has not known, basil, the one who’s sitting on the red chair on the left side, emma stops smiling and becomes slowly nervous about him. Emma turns her head to dawson again, her heart starts beating fast, more than 3 - 10 seconds, she turns her head back to basil, she swallows down while being nervous, and begins to slowly walk up to him. After slowly walking up to him, basil stops his violin again, turns his head up to basil, “Are you here for another case…??” Basil spoke normally to emma, emma was a bit confused, “What, n-no no no…I’m only here to look around here…” responded emma, basil is a bit speechless there for a moment, squinted his eyes like there's something suspicious.

“You're “Emma“, Right…??” Basil asks and remembers what her name was, emma had a tiny gasp, so she nods her head as a yes. “You're ‘basil’ dawson introduced to me, right??” Emma asks the same thing basil has to her back, basil might nod his head as a yes, or agree as a yes. Before he does, basil turns his head to dawson and began to ask him in a suspicious way, “Did you bring that girl here, dawson…??” as basil pointed his finger to emma, dawson might think of an agreement as a yes, “Welp, she's our new ‘one of us’ now, so I brought her here for an introduction and a tour.” Dawson explained and answers as a yes to basil. Basil looks deep into emma’s soul, for more than 12 seconds, “Very well…” basil sighs deeply as he finally agrees with dawson having emma here, so he continues on with his violin again, dawson gave emma a thumbs up for trying her best to be brave introducing herself, emma looks at dawson before that, so she runs back to dawson and sighs of relief.