Chapter 6: Shadow Game

I own nothing.
Chapter 6: The Shadow Realm

The three spirits faced each other, the benevolent spirits glaring down their assailant. Other Yugi from the corner of his eye studied the female beside him. Bakura had called her (Y/N), not Rain, and she didn't correct him. That confirmed his suspicions. Truly, he had known from the minute they had seen each other on the boat that she was in a nearly identical situation as him, though given Rain's behavior, she was much more aware of this spirit's presence. Unlike him, these two seemed to recognize each other as individuals and partners.
"What have you done, Bakura?" He asked. "Why have you taken us to the Shadow Realm."
"Bakura?" The male repeated. "Bakura is no longer with us."
"If you're not Bakura, then who are you?"
"He's like us." (Y/N) answered. "A spirit sealed within the Millennium Ring. Though clearly this one had a good reason to be sealed away."
"Oh (Y/N), do you truly not remember? That hurts my feelings." He then smirked at the Other Yugi. "But to think you both don't seem to recognize each other. Now that is truly laughable."
"Who are you really? How do you know us?" The female spirit demanded.
"I am a thief and a stealer of souls, and I have done terrible things in my quest to possess the Millennium Items. I would think a Wayfarer would remember the legends." The other two's eyes widened with realization. "Whosoever wields all 7 Millennium Items will possess power unimaginable, and before I'm done with you," He was looking at the Other Yugi. "Your Millennium Puzzle will be mine. As for the bracelet, I know better than to touch an item only to be wielded by a Wayfarer. Besides, you and I will have much to discuss after, (Y/N)."
The other male spirit pushed in front of (Y/N), as if to obscure her from his view. The malevolent spirit glared at him.
"That's not going to happen." Other Yugi declared.
"Then let the Shadow Game begin! The first move is yours."

Yugi 2000 LP/Bakura 2000 LP

'Yugi' drew, plucking one card from his hand.
"For my first move, I summon Cyber Commander, Tristan's favorite card."
He placed Tristan's card in defense mode. However, to both benevolent spirits' dismay, Tristan was seemingly summoned as the monster.

Cyber Commander
750 ATK/700 DEF

"Tristan!?" They both yelled.
The male seemed unaware at first of what was going on. This was reasonable given how the Shadow Realm tended to affect the mind.
"Huh? What a weird dream. Where am I? What's going on here?" He then turned to see the duelists towering over him and screamed.
(Y/N) bit her thumb's nail. "He's using the Millennium Ring to imprison the others in their cards. I'd be careful. I don't want to know what would happen if they got sent to the Graveyard."
"Astute observation, (Y/N)." Their opponent mocked. "I guess you were always the studious type."

Yugi 2000 LP/Bakura 2000 LP

Bakura drew and sent out his own monster.
"I summon the White Magical Hat."
A human-like magician with a white cape and top hat appeared in attack mode.

White Magical Hat
1000 ATK/700 DEF

The monster attacked a panicking Tristan, who was immediately destroyed.
"No!" Other Yugi yelled. "Tristan!"
Bakura laughed. "Aw, looks like that card's been defeated and your poor friend's soul was trapped within it."
"Where is he!?"
"Your friend is gone, on his way to the graveyard."
"Tristan can't be gone!"
"When you duel in the Shadow Realm, the stakes are always higher, Yugi. You made a sloppy move, and now your friend has paid for it. It won't be long before the god of death finds him. Now, which of your friends will you sacrifice next?"

Yugi 2000 LP/Bakura 2000 LP

'Yugi' glanced down at his cards, knowing he had to play the Flame Swordsman to beat Bakura's monster. However, he knew Joey was bound to be trapped in that card.
"Calm down." (Y/N) interjected, making him give her a shocked expression. "He's trying to rattle you. This might be a Shadow Game, but it is still tethered to the rules of Duel Monsters. We can get Tristan back, but not if you panic."
Her cold logic reassured him as he pulled out the card Joey gave him. "Right. I summon Joey's favorite card: the Flame Swordsman!"