Chapter 7: A Pitch Black Duel

I own nothing.
Chapter 7: PaniK and Daemos

Everyone ran into the clearing, spotting a duel arena in time to see all three of Mai's Harpy Ladies be destroyed and her lifepoints be depleted.
"Bye bye, birdies!" A male voiced mocked. "Now, hand over all your star chips, loser!"
With no other choice, Mai did as she was ordered to and got back down to the ground.
"Mai!" Yugi yelled. "Are you okay!?"
"You're too late." Her opponent said.
"Too late for what?" Tea demanded as Joey stepped up.
"This sideshow freak giving you a hard time?"
"That's right." The man taunted. "Just like Pegasus pays me to do. Root out all the dueling filth on this island and dispose of it."
"What does that mean?" Bakura asked.
"This is no joke!" Mai insisted. "PaniK's of the island's Eliminators, and if you don't get out of here, he's gonna do to you what he did to me."
"Eliminator?" Yugi repeated. "What's that, Mai?"
PaniK grabbed Mai's arm, yanking it up to show her empty dueling glove. "Look. This is what she means. Right here! Not a star chip left."
"But that would mean she's been disqualified." Tea said.
Yugi frowned. "You're out, Mai?"
She nodded. "I am. It all happened so fast. The way PaniK duels. I just lost it."
"That's not right." Rain growled, getting a sinking suspicion.
PaniK laughed. "Ha! She was one of my easiest victims yet."
He threw Mai towards them. Rain ran and caught her so she wouldn't stumble. Joey burst forward, Tristan and Bakura trying to hold him back.
"Move it! There's no excuse for pushing around a girl!"
"Calm down, Joey!" Bakura said. "I understand how you feel, but he's more than twice your size!"
"You okay?" Rain asked.
Mai nodded. "Yeah. Thanks."
"Don't mention it." Rain then glanced around. "Mai, Mokuba went after you. Where is he?"
Mai's eyes widened. "H-he was just here! Someone must've snatched him."
Rain clenched her fist. "Damnit! I should've gone after him! Oi, ugly! The kid that was here, what did you do to him!?"
PaniK smirked. "Oh? The Kaiba brat? I just had him sent back to Pegasus like I was told. Bet he's getting a nice greeting at the castle for all the trouble he's caused."
"Why you-!"
Yugi quickly grabbed Rain before she could charge the guy. "Rain, stop! Violence won't work on him. I've dealt with a lot of bullies in my life, and I'm afraid there's only one way to deal with them."
She blinked for a moment before nodding, the two of them staring down PaniK.
"You have to stand up to them!"
Other Yugi took control, glaring down PaniK who grinned back at him.
"Now, let's see you try your intimidation tactics against me, PaniK. I don't scare easily, especially when I'm standing up for my friends. So let's duel!"
"You twerp! I'll eliminate you from the tournament just like I did her! Why don't you tell him how I trounced you!"
"Please, Yugi." Mai said, looking scared.
By now, (Y/N) took over, stepping between Mai and PaniK. "That's enough. Playtime's over. You've been issued a challenge. Will you accept or not?"
"Fine, but don't think I've forgotten you either, girly! I've got a friend who'd love to meet you."
Suddenly, Other Yugi yanked her back as a new man jumped from the arena right where she was standing. This guy was just as big as PaniK covered head to toe with ominous black robes and a red oni mask covering his face.
"You speak too much, PaniK." His voice was obviously disguised.
"And you don't savor the kill enough, Daemos."
(Y/N) was a little off put after almost getting crushed, but quickly came to her senses as Other Yugi checked her for injuries.
"Are you all right?"
She smiled and nodded. "I'm fine...thank you."
The male spirit glared down the newcomer. "Who are you? Another Eliminator?"
PaniK grinned. "Give the boy a prize. My partner Daemos here decided to jump in since you were ganging up on me."
"Rather than hunt you rats down individually, we can participate in one duel together." Daemos said, apathetically. "Each team will share lifepoints and a field."
The two spirits looked at each other and nodded in agreement.
"We accept your challenge." Other Yugi declared.
As the duelists took their positions (the stands actually swapping for larger ones to fit two people), the others cheered the spirits on.
"You got this, Rain and Yugi!" Joey shouted. "Show those creeps how we deal with dogs like them!"
"Yugi and Rain, huh?" PaniK said. "Must be our lucky day. Pegasus has promised a generous bounty to the Eliminators who defeat the two of you. Hey, Daemos, think he'd throw in some extra cash for inflicting bodily harm? Not that I wouldn't do it for free."
"Ha!" Other Yugi scoffed. "You better start thinking of others ways to make money, PaniK."
"Believe me, when we're done with both of you, you'll be out of star chips, jobs, and any sort of enjoyment you take on inflicting pain to others." 
"Money is irrelevant to us." Daemos corrected. "We collected enough to retire long ago. Truly, the spoils of this job are crushing the weak, like you."
PaniK cackled. "Get ready, you two, we're about to take you into a world of hurt!"
The male spirit crossed his arms. "We will not be bullied by the likes of you, PaniK. We play with our hearts, and that's why we'll always win against your type."
"You've never faced our type before." PaniK insisted. "When either of us is in a match with someone, there's a lot more to it than sheer dueling strategy."
"Meaning?" (Y/N) incurred.
"PaniK's ruthless, you two!" Mai called out. "Daemos probably too. He had me totally terrified!"
"That's right, and she's not the first either. We Eliminators have built our careers on stalking weak players like her and strong-arming them into dueling us! You see, when you're as good as we are, you learn to appreciate the hunt as much as the duel itself."
"You preen too much." Daemos scolded. "All your effort should be on thoroughly destroying your opponents in a duel."
"Relax Daemos, we'll crush them both, just like I crushed Mai!"
Other Yugi smirked. "I see how you both work, PaniK and Daemos, sneaking up on unsuspecting duelists because neither of you have the courage to challenge them face-to-face."
"Nothing but a pair of weak willed, cowardly, fools." (Y/N) added. "You disgust me."
"Watch your mouth, you insolent curs!" PaniK seethed, finally cracking.
"True duelists fight with honor and respect." Other Yugi continued. "Not using the underhanded tactics of a poacher."
"Honor? Respect?" Daemos repeated. "Those are simply other words for weakness! True strength comes from watching the will to fight and live drain from your victims eyes!"
"I'd wager against it." (Y/N) shot back, she and her male counterpart holding up their dueling gloves. "We'll wager all the star chips we have to win back Mai's!"
"It's a deal!" PaniK quickly agreed, to the annoyance of his partner. "If you win, I'll give you all 8 of her star chips. The bet makes no difference to us."
"What do you mean?"
"What I mean, little Yugi, is that when you duel against PaniK and Daemos, you're putting much more than just your measly star chips on the line. Much more!"
Both the spirits suddenly found themselves locked into place. As they instinctively began trying to get free, (Y/N) noticed suspicious cannons on either side of them.
"Watch out!"
She pulled her male counterpart back to barely dodge a column of fire spewing straight up. She then forced them lower to the ground as a second column shot out.
"Rain! Yugi!" Tea yelled from below.
"We gotta get them outta there!" Joey yelled as the spirits' gritted their teeth at the heat.
PaniK laughed. "What's the matter, you two? Can't take the heat? Well, get used to it because you're strapped in for the long haul."
"Turn it off, PaniK!" Joey demanded as Mai looked up in horror.
"He used those on me, too."
"Yugi, Rain, stay strong!" Bakura said encouragingly.
Eventually, the fire stopped and the two duelists were eventually able to stand back up.
"Well, that was unpleasant." (Y/N) undersold. "Are you hurt?"
"I'm fine, thanks to you." Other Yugi said. "I suppose now we're even."
"I can see the fear growing in your eyes. I can hear you both quaking in your boots! You're beginning to realize the nightmare you stepped into!"
"In this game, your lives are meaningless." Daemos further explained. "They are simply bargaining chips."
"Get lives, you psychos!" Tea yelled.
"Forget these guys, you two!" Joey urged. "This wasn't part of the deal!"
"Yeah, no joke!" Tristan agreed. "It's not worth it!"
"Are you finished blowing smoke, PaniK and Daemos?" Other Yugi said defiantly. "It will take much more than cheap pyrotechnics to make us lose our cool."
PaniK cackled. "The last time someone had the nerve to talk to me like that, I broke them in half!"
"Save your cackling for later, hyena." Daemos hissed. "Let's duel!"