Chapter 21: The date...

When Leah got in the car Drew was in the back hiding under his sweatshirt. He thought it smelled horrible and was about to die from the heat. "Wow Jake, you look so cute!" Leah said, staring at him...everywhere.

"Oh, um, thanks I guess, you do too." Jake said, feeling uncomfortable. "Well, let's not keep the place waiting now." Leah smiled. Jake drove away as Drew gritted his teeth.

At the place Drew read "5 gurls" and he rubbed his eyes. "5 gurls?" Drew thought. "I think im dreaming or this girl is out of her mind right now. Who does she think she is taking Jake to this place? Jake deserves MUCH better than this. MUCH better."

Jake got out of the car and opened the door for Leah to get out. Leah got right out and said "Thanks Jake!" Drew then jumped to the front seat and watched Jake then hold the door for the restaurant. Drew sighed and found himself watching Jake's eyes and then blushed.

With Jake

"Table for two" Leah said, following the guy over to the table. "Sooooo, uh...." Jake said uncomfortably. "A-are you still gonna be friends with Zoey after this?" Jake asked nervously. Leah sighed and said "probably not..." "Why not? Arent you guys like best friends?" Jake asked. "Not really, no..." Leah whispered.

Jake shifted uncomfortably in his chair when the waiter came over to take their order. "What would you two like?"
"Um, I'll just have a Cheeseburger with...gurl..fries..." Jake said.
"I'll have a salad with gurl dressing on the side." Leah said. "Alright, I'll be back gurlsss!" "Oh my god..." Leah and Jake both whispered at the same time.

Leah and Jake both looked up at each other and laughed. "This place is so stupid" Leah said. Jake laughed and said "Yea, but why did you want to go here then???" Leah once again got quiet and said "Zoey used to tell me about this place. We used to go all the time together and sometimes Drew came...and he payed for everything." Jake's smile faded from his face and looked out at his car for a split second, thinking about Drew coming here.

"It doesn't really sound like something Drew or Zoey would come to." Jake simply said. Leah smiled and said "Yeah..."
"Are you ok Leah..?" Jake asked, noticing Leah's face. "I-im fine." Leah said. Jake sighed and said "Y'know Leah, you can tell me anything, I won't tell anyone about it like Zoey would. I promise." Jake said, reaching his hand out for Leah to hold. Leah grabbed Jake's hand and started talking about what was worrying her.

"I'm really sorry Jake about the audio, I ruined your life!" Leah said. "Woah, woah, woah, calm down! It's ok Leah..." Jake said, very embarrassed. "Zoey, she used to be my best friend until she started ignoring me and just hanging out with her boyfriend more. The other guy, not Drew. I was always the third wheel with her boyfriend and Drew and at school she always started talking about me to her other 'followers' and it's not funny. And now once she finds out what we posted about her she is going to be so mad and i- I don't know what I'm going to do, I'll have no friends and everyone will start to bully me and-and-" Leah told Jake all at once as she also started to cry while doing it.

Jake didn't know what to do or how to comfort her as he was really suprised and started to feel guilty. "Leah, calm down, it's ok, please stop crying." Is all Jake managed to say. Leah looked up at Jake and all Jake saw was a girl, helplessly crying.

Jake sighed and said "Zoeys a brat and I know that from experience. When she find out she will be mad but you will still have friends and you better believe it Leah. I will be your friend. I will also be a better friend then I have all these other years. And I'm sure if I talk to the music club and Drew, they will all forgive you and then they could also be your friends! You will be alright."

Leah had stopped crying but had a tear on her cheek so Jake got up and told Leah to stand up. Jake then held one of Leah's hands and with his other hand, he wiped the tear off of Leah's face and they both looked into each others eyes just standing there until the waiter came with their food. Jake and Leah immediately got back in their seats and thanked the waiter.

Jake was blushing out of embarrassment and Leah was blushing out of embarrassment and the fact that she has a crush on Jake. Leah and Jake then sat in silence for about 20 minutes as they ate. Leah then broke the silence of them both and said "Thank you Jake, I would love to get to know the music freaks and I would love to become their friends, and I would love to hang out with you also. You really are the kindest person on earth Jake. You really are."

Jake blushed from embarrassed....again..and said "T-thanks Leah. But...Leah?"
"Yes?"
"Y-you do know that I don't have a crush on you right? I-I mean you are a great friend and I love you in a friend way but not in a couple way..." Jake said nervously while rushing. Leah then laughed and said "I know Jake, I do have a crush on you and it does hurt me to know that you don't like me the same way but I understand."

"T-thanks Leah" Jake said, still uncomfortable. Leah laughed while taking a fork full of her salad and said "I know you like Drew." Jake was suprised and Leah just said "Its so obvious, he has been super worried about you out of nowhere no days and you guys def made out. I could tell on your faces the other day."

Jake turned bright red and covered his face with his hands. Leah just laughed and slapped Jake's back really hard. "Leah, do you....still like Zoey?" Jake asked. Leah was suprised by the question and just said "Yes. I still like her. But she would never like me back. Because she is a B!tch."

"U-um anyways, what's the girls name with the Red hair?" Leah asked, changing the subject. "Milly?" "Yea, if we do end up getting along, remind me to never cross her again. She is a devil." They both laughed, feeling completely comfortable. "So, are you....Bisexual?" Jake asked. "Yes, I am." Leah said simply right before they ended up talking about their lives and getting along very well.

When they were done, Jake left the waiter a tip with the bill that he payed for. "Thank you!" Leah said, as Jake held the door for her as she got in the car.

Drew climbed in the back, oblivious. Drew wanted to grab Leah by the hair and pull her back there just like Milly had done the one time with Zoey. "That goddamm lair! Jake said he wouldn't let her do anything to him but he touched her face and he held her hand the whole time and it looked like they were having the time of their life! I'm more mad at Leah then I am Jake! But...I could never get THAT mad at Jake. Ugh, I'm horrible." Drew thought.

When Jake got to Leah's house he got out and opened the door for Leah while Drew just watched. "Bye Jake, cya at school!" Leah said, smiling. "Bye Leah, thanks again..." Jake said. When Jake got back into the car he looked back at an annoyed Drew.

"What?" Jake asked. "So, how was your date?" Drew said bitterly. "It was actaully really good! Leah was saying stuff about-" Jake started to go off but Drew interrupted and said "Let's just go home, I don't really care about what you and your 'girlfriend' tried to do behind my back."

"What?" Jake asked, now climbing in the back with Drew. "Drew...what's wrong?" "Get away from me!" Drew screamed and pushed Jake aside. "O-ow-" Jake said, super suprised and sort of scared.

Jake put his hand on the side of his head and saw blood on his hand while Drew gasped. "J-Jake, I'm sorry I didn't mean to-" Drew was rushing to say while he put a hand out to grab Jake's hand but Jake flinched and backed away.

"D-don't hurt me, please!" Jake screamed, looking away from Drew with his hand out. Drew actaully started to cry which caught Jake off gaurd. Jake immediately went over to Drew and hugged him. "Drew, why are you crying?"

"I-I didn't mean to hurt you like that, I w-would never h-hurt you...but you looked so scared of me and-and someone must of hurt you before!" Drew whispered, crying in Jake's arms. "Shhh, it's ok, I'm fine Drew." Jake said calmly.

Drew took his shirt off and wrapped it around the side of Jake's head where he was bleeding. Jake flinched again and Drew said "I-Im sorry, I'm trying to be as gentle as I can." Drew then held Jake's hand and kissed him on the lips for what felt like forever.

They both cuddled in silence for a while until Drew looked straight into Jake's eyes and asked, "Who hurt you?" "N-no one hurt me Drew, I'm fine." "Jake... I know your lying." Drew said when he realized how sad Jake looked. Drew sighed and said "I'll drive. Give me the keys, we're going to your house. I'm sleeping over."

"O-ok" Jake simply said, while giving Drew the keys to the car.