thirteen

Rachel didn't hesitate to start running, jogging at a near-sprint in the opposite direction of the Thanator. They had great senses of smell and hearing, meaning that if she wanted to survive, she would either have to run or fight and since she was sure that her daggers couldn't do much damage, running was the way to go.

She leaped gracefully over a large pond and continued to run, deciding to save her energy for when it was really needed. She was just hoping that the direction she was going would lead to either Jake or the Na'vi, yet the former option was still preferred. 

Another roar, this time closer. It sounded about half a mile away from her, but still moving fast. Rachel skidded to a stop and used her strength to leap up into the tree next to her. The bark was rough against her skin and she pressed her lips shut tight, refusing to make a sound.

She kept her eyes fixed on the ground below, watching as the Thanator prowled into her sight. She began to regulate her breathing, only taking breaths every 40 seconds or so. She silently started climbing higher into the tree, her eyes flickering between the Thanator and where she was stepping. 

The Thanaotr's head whipped around, lightning-fast, and Rachel froze, but thankfully, it didn't notice her. Suddenly, a hand covered her mouth and an unfamiliar voice whispered in her ear, "Don't move."

A/N: Sorry for the long wait and the extremely short chapter! I've been a bit busy with school and stuff but I promise I will be doing my best to update more frequently :)