fourteen

Rachel stiffened immediately but obliged and didn't move. The Thanator's head swiveled around for a couple of seconds before it bounded off somewhere into the forest. Her savior - or possible captor, depending on which way you looked at it - slowly let go of her mouth. She turned immediately, using her balance to keep her on the tree.

She inhaled a sharp breath at who it was. Tsu'tey, the future Olo'eyktan of the Clan stood before her and he didn't look very happy. He whistled, and several Na'vi came into the clearing riding pa'li. One of the empty ones held Jake, tied up and also looking displeased. Rachel snickered at the look on his face.

"Have you met this man before?" Tsu'tey said slowly in English.

"Not once in my life." She lied, hoping that because of her appearance, she could be confused with a lost Na'vi out in the forest.

"We're siblings!" Jake yelled. Rachel grumbled and rolled her eyes.

"Way to go, moron!" She leaped gracefully off of the tree and landed on the ground in a crouch. Immediately, bows were drawn and aimed at her. 

"Hold!" A girl who Rachel recognized as Neytiri called out in Na'vi. "Look at her hair!" Confused, Rachel turned her head and held her hair, and there was nestled a woodsprite, calmly bobbing in place.

"When did that get there?" Rachel demanded. "Half the time I was in here I was running!"

"You can speak our language?" 

"Of course she can." Tsu'tey spat out. "All sky people can. Except this idiot over here." He walked over and shoved Jake harshly. "Speak! What do you want?"

"Tsu'tey." Neytiri interrupted. "We should take them to Mo'at." Tsu'tey paused, considering. Finally he nodded, and hopped on his horse.

"What are they saying?" Jake asked, clueless. Rachel rolled her eyes as she easily mounted the pa'li that Tsu'tey was motioning to.

"They're planning to skin you alive and feed you to their children."

"What?"