Chapter 15: Luke, The Lightning Dragon Slayer

So these dragon slayers want one thing from Crystal and that is her life, but why do they all want her life?

This will be in Luke's POV and have flashbacks from when he was a kid and with his dragon, Thunder.

Luke's POV

They're all defending her? How could they? They know what she is and they don't care...

"We won't let you hurt Crystal!" A boy with pink hair said punching me across the face and into the ground.

"I have my reasons for hurting her..." I said quietly and he stopped in front of me.

"Start explaining." I sighed, I really didn't want to explain why I disliked our mother so much.

"It happened a long time ago right before she disappeared..."

*flashback*

I followed Thunder through the cavern and grinned brightly as he lit up the cave with his Lightning Roar.

"Hey Thunder can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead my child." I took a deep breath and looked at him seriously.

"I don't want to lose you, will you promise to always be with me?" He turned around and I thought for a second I offended him or made him mad, but that's when I saw the warm smile across his face.

"I promise Luke. I don't want to lose you either..." I cheered brightly.

However that happiness was short lived when a few days later Thunder disappeared and never came back.

"Thunder! You promised we would always be together!!! THUNDER!!!!!!"

*flashback over*

"He promised me we'd always be together, he lied! Two days after we promised that he vanished and never came back... I don't care what reason she has for leaving I will kill her if it's the last thing I do!" I yelled tackling the pink haired boy and started punching him with lightning. "You'd never understand the hatred and resentment I have for that girl, she came back as a human and never made one attempt to come back to us!" I went to punch him again but he grabbed my fist harshly.

"You think you're the only one that suffered because their dragon disappeared? All of us suffered me, Wendy, Gajeel, Lily we all lost our dragons, but you know what I'm okay with it because I got a friend and guildmate from Crystal. And if you threaten my family... THEN ILL KILL YOU!" The boy punched me into the air with his fire and then jumped into the air after me. "FIRE DRAGON'S IRON FIST!!" He punched me in the gut and I coughed falling to the ground.

"H-how... do you not hate her... I don't understand..." I said breathing heavily.

"Because Crystal never meant to leave us. She was forced to become human, and when that happened she lost her memory so she didn't remember ever being a dragon. It's not her fault that this happened... I know she wanted to keep the promise she made to you and it's probably killing her inside that she couldnt... so don't you dare kill her without hearing her side to the story." I coughed and felt my vision blurring.

Thunder, did you really disappear that way? Did you never mean to leave me?

That's was the last thing I thought before I blacked out.