Chapter 4: Explanation

So finally the answers Lily's been waiting for, for years are finally going to come out.

Will she be mad?

Will she forgive Crystal for leaving?

We went to one of the diners and sat down at a booth in the back.

"So what do you want to know?" I asked after we ordered our food.

"Why did you disappear?" I looked down.

"Well-"

"You're food is ready." The waitress interrupted and set our plates down before walking away.

"As I was saying, I didn't disappear by choice. My father, Estellar was being hunted by humans. When they had caught up with him I just so happened to be there, they attacked him till he was to the point of death. In his last moments he turned me into a human form with no memory of being a dragon in an attempt to protect me. And that was why all the dragons disappeared because they had lost their king..." She seemed deep in thought.

"The day before you disappeared you were being so harsh and angry, why?"

"Something felt wrong to me and the more you called me your mother the more I thought of your mother, she never asked to get killed or hurt she just did... She's still your mother even though I raised you. She would be so sad if she thought you had forgotten her..." Lily frowned.

"I never really thought of that..."

"I can understand your feelings though. You wanted to fill the void of your dead parents. For not understanding then I humbly apologize." I bowed my head slightly.

"It's alright, thank you." I looked at her confused.

"Why are you thanking me? It is true that I abandoned you..."

"You never meant to, so I can forgive you." I smiled brightly.

"Thank you, Lily." She smiled and then dug into her food.

So carefree, so forgiving that's always been how Lily was. She is one of the gentlest of my dragon slayer children like Wendy, however my other children won't be as forgiving...

This I know for certain...