Elysium

Distant.

That's the only thing that is running through my mind as I finally slip through my only defence. Stepping past the solitary trees, I traverse through the underbrush as I now stand only a few feet away but still; it is not enough.

It's as if I'm facing a battle within myself. My Kitsune, an integral part of me weary to get closer to the ragtag group, unsure of what calamity they could unleash on me. But on the other hand, it's as if I can't control my own legs. Each step towards the group simply not enough.

Every fibre of my being want's to get closer than ever.

It's unnerving because I simply cannot figure out why.

"Would you like to grab somethings for the journey back to Tenebris?" The King speaks up, the olde name for the Walled City ringing through my mind, a place I've only been to a handful of times.

That was before when I had a loving family and my mother didn't try to get rid of me. Of course little nine year old me got my sweet revenge when I subtly fed her poison.

Unfortunately she survived the attack. Even got strogner than before.

The thought of the strange woman has me huffing in disgruntlement.

Crossing my arms, my eyes flicker over to my little furry companion before meeting the dark eyes of the King once more.

"No thank you. I have all I need."

King Malleus stares me down for a few seconds, his cold and stony facade putting me on edge but I maintain my ground. He could kill me right on this very spot but it's not like it would phase me.

For starters, I'll be dead so it's not as if I'll be missing anything. Secondly, my companion would die with me and he gives less fucks than I do which is saying something. Lastly, I guess while my last dying breath leaves me, I'll probably ponder over a few intricate details.

How I'll miss my best friend that always seems to be on death's bed. How I'd like for my mother to be on that bed with my cold hands wrapped around her flimsy clammy little neck.

Maybe even how I've never gotten to eat what I desire most.

Hmm.

It's funny how one has so many regrets.

"Does she have a few screws loose?" A voice speaks up, luring me out of my thoughts.

My eyes move away from their dead staring of the King and over to the young boyish man beside him. His soft chocolate brown hair and deep brown eyes are full of innocence and intrigue and I can already tell I'll be liking this person.

"A few?" I pipe up, my voice a stark contrast to the cautious tone I maintained a short while ago. Now it's drab and monotonous, causing the young man to shuffle uneasily.

"I think we'll get along just fine. I'm Ezra," He speaks after a moment's of nervous silence.

"I'm Althea. It's a pleasure to meet you all. Especially since I know why you're all here."

My upbeat voice earns me a few confusing stares from the other men. Even the King's seems slightly perturbed but my attention isn't on any of them.

"Who's that?" I murmur ever so softly, my Kitsune rubbing against my leg but equally as enthralled by the stranger who doesn't meet my eyes.

Something tells me that I want to rip his darned cloak off and feast my eyes on what lays below.

He's probably not stark naked.

Much to my despair.

Oh the tough life of a sexually frustrated and reclusive witch.

"Who's who?" Naive Ezra speaks up, looking over his shoulder. I follow the man's gaze, eager to catch any glimpse of what might lay beneath the heavy cloak only to find damp and downtrodden moss where he once stood.