Kalon

"Don't you feel so fresh and light?"

A mix between a grunt and sneeze rises throughout the bathroom as I sit on the floor cross legged. With a plush soft towel wrapped around my body and my wet hair down my back, I grin at the green eyes glaring at me from the drop in the floor.

The bathroom I was given was absolutely beautiful and I had to stop myself from pocketing a few things after realisng they were plated in gold.

The best about the marble tiled room was the shower. The dark grey granite dipped into the bottom of the floor, smack dab in the centre like a roman bath of old.

"It's like the ones we saw at the Thermae of Nikos," I muse as I think back to the hot springs a far away walk from where. The springs were covered underneath a sleuth of flora, almost as if trying to keep nosy people away from them.

"That was just a year before mother chopped off her head," A giggle slips past my lips as I lean forward, rubbing my Kitsune's wet mop of fur out of his eyes.

My familiar isn't the happiest as I massage the shampoo into his fur, tail dropped low and eyes narrowed as he cusses me out deep into my head. No proper words fall between us but we share a bond in which we can feel exactly what the other feels.

"You smell of lavender. All the other vixen's will be after your tail. Then you can sniff each other's butts to your heart's content."

The grunt's cease immediately at my words and I let out another laugh, bopping his soft nose before resuming his much needed scrub. I don't comment on the water turning a murky colour because he didn't say a word when the same happened to me.

We'd probably strangle each other if my familiar had opposable thumbs.

The bath doesn't take long and my familiar loves the hairdryer, a luxury we didn't have much of during our travels. With fur and hair alike fluffed up, I slip into a long white gown. The fabric is soft against my skin and falls in neat waves against my body, draping down till it touches the floor. With large bell sleeves and a lace up bust, I look into the mirror and frown at the sight.

I almost don't like the fabric against my skin, craving my old weathered down tattered dress that was immediately disposed of by a chatty maid.

A knock on my door tears me out of my perusal. Opening the door after making sure my familiar is decent, i.e. not licking his genitals with his legs sprawled out, I come face to face with Rui, I think her name is.
"Althea, I'm glad you've tidied up. Do you like your dress?"

"It's too comfortable."

The woman blinks at my words before letting out a confused laugh.

"I'll try to get you something less comfortable, next time?" She questions softly, eyes darting to my fox who wanders out the room.

"That would be great," I beam at the prospect, tugging at the luxurious fabric in disdain.

"Uhuh. Well, I just came to fetch you for dinner. I thought it'd be better to come get you myself. Make you feel more at ease."

Her pale skin brightens as she flashes me a perfect smile.

"Yes, thank you. Rui," I throw what I think is her name at the end and after seeing no confusion or her trying to correct me, I decide that must actually be her name then.

The both of us make our way down the endless corridors, something I don't bother remembering this time around either since I know my Familiar can sniff around and help me out.

Rui makes amicable chit chat as we walk to what she called the grand dining room. I find her company enjoyable since I can tell she's not putting up a facade and tells me things as they are, no sugar coating.