Whelve

The rain hammers down at such a ferocious pace, the plants bending at the onslaught of rain as it buffets down on the leafy greenery. The limbs of trees aren't granted any reprieve as they too nearly fold in on themselves.

I won't be surprised if big balls of ice start falling down from the angry heavens above, bonking a few people on the head and rendering them speechless at the sudden intrusion.

"Excuse me," I stop a woman wandering down the hall. The poor woman nearly jumps out of her skin, bones and all as she bats big wide eyes at me.

"Have you seen a tall man? Covered in all black and bearing uncanny resemblance with the Harbinger of Doom."

Once again, I'm subjected to big round eyes blinking a few times and then some more for good measure. Thin lips part as if she goes to answer but then snap shut once more. Instead of answering me verbally, she points one arthritis riddled finger down the remainder of the hall before hobbling away without a glance back.

Hmm.

At least she didn't show me the middle finger and where I could shove it.

By the time I'm down the end of the hall, my once kind feelings towards the pleasant woman turn into distance at the numerous corridors that line the hallway, each one leading to more and more doors.

I don't even have a sharp sense of smell like the wolf folk do. Probably a good thing since my Familiar's farts have singed my sense of smell over the years.

A familiar soft brushing against the calf of my legs has me glancing down with a grin, bright green eyes staring up at me and answering all the unspoken questions I had.

"You heard me thinking about your farts, didn't you?"    

I'm rewarded with a soft nip at my legs before he swishes his bushy orangey tail dramatically, strutting away from me and down one of the hallways.

I don't need to be told twice and rush after the animal, it's nose low to the ground and even though the animal has a sharp nose and can scent things buried deep underground but he seems to be struggling now.

The matter leaves me confused and I'm left wondering how the vulpine can't scent the mysterious man out.

"Did you not catch a good sniff like I told you to?" I question the animal but it falls on deaf ears as he trots forward, finally catching a scent through the current flowing towards us.

Rushing after the swift fox, I nearly trip over the animal as he comes to a sudden halt. Too focused on my own feet, I don't realise my surroundings until I whip my head up after apologising to a disgruntled familiar.

My eyes partially widen at the sight before me. The narrow corridor opens up into a circular room covered in pristine windows with even the room transparent so as to let the room be visible from a thousand glass panes. I would've thought that it was a sunroom had the bright rays of sun in the Realm of Tenebris not been a miracle in itself.

There's only a singular settee bench in a grey colour, blending in with the grey of it all except it's not boring. The lack of colour is a stark contrast against what lays on the other side of the window. Bright green plants and flowers blooming in a myriad of colours. Ferns, bushes and plants alike practically glow with contentment at receiving such nourishing treatment.

Past all the green, pinks and yellows, a single muddy path makes its way between all the plants, leading to a single circular marble platform with a thick wooden fence going all around it and a canopy to shade one from the water pouring down around everyone. A lone intricately carved bench from green stone sits in the middle but no one sat atop it.