Selcouth

Tranquility.

That's how I would describe this moment in time. The roar was so loud, the ground shook underneath my fingertips as I fell onto my palms. Each breath was ragged but not with the terror I felt moments ago.

The remorse I felt at seeing my mother alive and standing... it was nothing to the sheer exhilaration and blatant happiness I currently felt.

The vibration slowly came to a halt the same way my entirety came to a standstill.

He's finally realised it!

A wide grin breaks my face into two as I clutch my hands into fists, ripping up grass in the process. With an aching slowness, I use my dramatics to turn around slowly.

This is it!

Everything I have been hoping for. We can now finally settle down and have a gaggle of kids.

The very thought excites me and I sit upright, eyes wide in shock as I whip my head around to stare at my fated.

The great Wolf stands above me, chest heaving with immense pressure. The hood on his head had slipped off in the chaos of it all, leaving his features for all to see. Dark brows were settled over piercing black eyes as his chest heaved. The entirety of his features were coated in anger as a snarl took over his face.

I can barely process what's happening as I go to speak but get knocked off course as someone barrels past me.

Ugh.

You'd think people would have a bit more grace on the battlefield.

I land on the palm of my hands once more, my shoulder throbbing as I grab fistfuls of dirt. The Queen barrels past me as she gets a head start on the witch that caused this all;

My Mother.

"Well that's one way to leave a lasting impression," My flirtatious ways fall on deaf ears as the growling erupts once more.

I can tell this time it's aimed at the person who knocked me over.

I wouldn't mind getting knocked up, that's for sure.

Slow steps Althea. The man will think you're crazy.

Jeez.

Righting myself for the second time in the span of a few moments, I slowly stand on my own two feet. My mother's magic is strong and potent. Its effects linger even now. The connection has broken off but the whispers still remain.

A soft hiss rings in my ear like a snake taunting its prey forwards with whispers of longing. Pain streaks down my throat and around the expanse of my neck almost as if death had raked his very one claws on my skin.

"Hey Althea, are you okay?"

I don't have to look towards the person to know Rui was approaching me. The concern was apparent as she stretched her arms out to give me some sort of aid.

Cold fingertips brushed against my exposed shoulders as I was pulled back into an expanse of cloth. My breathing catches in my throat as a soothing aroma envelopes me.

It doesn't take me long to realise. Kier has me clutched in his embrace, my back pressed to his front as the billows of his cloak wraps around me. It feels as if his cloak has a life of its own, the silky material doesn't fall back to mold to his body but instead shrouds mine.

Another growl leaves the person behind me, the thought of anyone touching me stimulating the wolf.

"I'm fine Rui," I can't even keep the excitement out of my voice which is probably why the woman leaves us be.